New Ford Edge Owner- 2007 SEL AWD

mex3000

Just purchased a 2007 SEL AWD with 68k miles.I'm working on vinyl wrapping the front grille, and rear ford emblem. Also plasti dipping the fog light assemblies. So far, vehicle drives well, and no major issues.

Next upgrade will be black wheels and smoking out the tail lights.

post-44775-0-57123500-1483648991_thumb.png

post-44775-0-50494300-1483649019_thumb.png

• Like 1

Really nice looking car. If I might make a recommendation, if you can't verify any past service history, I would recommend having the transmission serviced, the PTU flushed and the cooling system flushed.

Thank you for your advice. First time Edge owner, and just got the info on the famous PTU disaster issue. One thing I couldn't find, what would you estimate all these things to cost me at one time?

You may read that there have been a lot PTU failures. My local dealer told me (right or wrong) they it was their opinion that the PTU fails when the seal starts leaking. This allows the fluid level to drop and remaining fluid gets too hot and turns to goo. I think it would be a good idea to run the car throught your local dealer for your next oil change and ask them to take a close look at the PTU seal (make certain it's not leaking). Leaking or not, it will eventually go bad. The PTU is designed to last the life of the car (which is defined as the life of the warranty.)

• Like 1