Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2016 Edge rear door weather stripping issues

2016 weather stripping

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cab2g

cab2g

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 268 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:None

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

I already took my Edge to the dealer once. The weather stripping within days of picking up started coming off of the door frame on the upper front edge of the driver's side rear door. They replaced the part after ordering a new one. 6 months later it started coming off on the passenger side rear door, now it is off again on the driver's side rear door. Has anybody else experienced this? Has anybody else fixed this any other way besides replacing with a new piece of weather stripping. I can keep going back to the dealer time and time again and getting new parts, but once the warranty runs out, this will become a real issue.

IMG_2745.jpg

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Ginger Smith

Ginger Smith

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

I have the same problem though not a chronic problem like yours.  I had gotten on the interstate and noticed the wind noise inside the vehicle was loud.  I got off at an exit to check it out and found the weatherstrip on the rear passenger door was partly off its track. Snapped it back on and back to the quiet ride I paid for.   I haven't done it yet but I planned on putting a small amount of clear silicone caulking in the V and snapping it back on.  The drivers side has come off also, I very seldom use the back doors, may explain why I haven't had the problems you've had.  

Not sure what Ford intended to hold this on, seems like the strip is supposed to have a couple of nibs inside the V that snap into a detent on the door.  I've noticed in reviews that body integrity for the Edge takes a hit, too bad little petty things like this are probably the cause.  Also seen complaints about the rear tail lights feeling flimsy because the whole assembly is easily moved around by hand.  

Edited by Ginger Smith, 06 January 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• MJB3 likes this

#3 ONLINE   MJB3

MJB3

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

I used some rubber cement on mine shortly after I got it (2015). It has not been a problem since.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016, weather stripping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users