Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Reset Low Tire Pressure Warning?

Best Answer immgar , 09 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

Was getting ready to remove this posting.  Followed my own advised and RTFM...there is a whole chapter on the TPMS that

tells me all I need to know.  Once the tire pressure is brought up to 35 PSI it will take some driving time at 20 MPH for the TPMS

to reset unless there are others issues with the sensors.  

Have an excellent dealer doing the service, will take it up with them again on my next visit if the warning icon does not goes off.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   immgar

immgar

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Warning on, guessing due to winter's low temperatures in Huber Heights, OH.  Last year the dealer replaced all the sensors, is there a way to reset them?  Tires pumped to 35 PSI as recommended in door sticker but warning still coming on.  Hopefully there is a way to reset and not an added yearly expense replacing them.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,137 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Did you actually check the tire pressure?  With super low temps the actual pressure can drop several PSI if they were filled when it was warmer.  You shouldn't need to reset anything.

#3 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,505 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

This also hapoens to me this winter. Took it the local dealer and all the tires were around 3-4 psi low. Said that when they changed the tires they had retrained them while it was warm. When it turned cold the sensor's became too sensitive. They just retained them and have worked ok in near zero weather. You can buy a device to retrain them, bet the dealer will do it without charge (they didn't charge me anything.)
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#4 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,137 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

I had never heard of having to retrain the sensors in extreme cold.   Interesting.

#5 OFFLINE   immgar

immgar

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:32 PM   Best Answer

Was getting ready to remove this posting.  Followed my own advised and RTFM...there is a whole chapter on the TPMS that

tells me all I need to know.  Once the tire pressure is brought up to 35 PSI it will take some driving time at 20 MPH for the TPMS

to reset unless there are others issues with the sensors.  

Have an excellent dealer doing the service, will take it up with them again on my next visit if the warning icon does not goes off.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users