Come On Ford, Give Me A Break!!!!

So on Nov. 4, I ordered a 2017 Edge Titanium, and yesterday the dealer called and gave me the VIN number. Whoopee!

When I ran it through my VIN Decoder, this is what it shows up as:

2017 Ford Edge Titanium AWD

VIN: 2FMPK4K98HBB57051

So, to get some more details, and maybe a build week, I ran it thru Ford ETIS, and this is what I got:

Edge 2015-, 2.0L EcoBoost (240PS) VIN Number: 2FMPK4K98HBB57051

The only thought I had that I can print here is WTF?

I did the same thing on my 2016 F-150 in February, and ETIS worked perfectly.

If you have not used ETIS go here and take a look. https://www.etis.ford.com/home.do

So if Ford monitors this thread, can you give me an explanation as to what is going on?

Oops, never mind, I found my answer. That build date means nothing.

On the Fordetis site I entered my VIN I got last week... after waiting since Oct 22. It says the build date of 30.11.0002 . Anyone care to guess what the build date is? I don't have a clue!

That is a placeholder for the actual date. The real build date will be on your window sticker.

ETIS won't update until after it is actually built.

• 1 month later...

If anyone cares, I was at my 2nd Ford dealer today to order another 2017 Edge Titanium. I ordered another because the one I ordered Nov. 4 is still sitting at the factory.

But since Ford finally released the window sticker after almost 4 months, I was able to read on the sticker that the Ceramic interior I ordered mysteriously changed to Ebony. I don't care if that Edge never leaves Canada. Dealer 1 screwed up the order when their order guy punched in the wrong interior code. Like my salesman said, "mistakes were made".

So the salesman at Dealer 2 is very experienced, salesman of the year for 2014, 15 and 16. He was able to track down the factory hold, and we found that there is a hold on the Titanium steering wheel airbag, and we think it only affects the Adaptive Steering wheels.

So if you have a Titanium on order with the Driver's Package option, don't be surprised by the longer wait. I don't know if it affects the Sport.

The only bright side to this is that Ford just came out with new incentives, and I now have $3,600 in rebates locked in. :clapping:

• Like 2

All Hat: I care :) 2016 Sport owner here in Henderson - we have communicated before on this forum. Very sorry to hear about your issues with the 2017 Titanium order. Which dealer did you order from this time if you don't mind me asking (or DM me separately)? Good news on the rebates. I recall this is for your wife, assume she has something to drive while waiting?

I am enjoying my Sport.

Dealer 1 is Gaudin Ford. I didn't get mad at them, the ordering guy just input the wrong code. The salesman said "mistakes were made". But they did offer me a refund, or a "smoking hot deal" on the black interior or a re-order.

Dealer #2 is Ford Country, they are closest to me. But back in November, Gaudin was having an in-house promotion on Edges, and they were $500 lower than Ford Country.

Now, Ford Country was willing to lock in the rebates, and Gaudin said they could not. So between X-Plan, a $100 Doc Fee, and $3,600 in rebates, I'm almost getting as nice a deal as you got. :)

Ignore the $699 Security System charge, they put that in automatically for the vehicles that come with minimal security. I deleted it already. The window sticker is for the one still in Canada. B)

Luckily, my wife has a 2007 Caddy SRX with 55,000 miles on it, so we are under no pressure. Except it was supposed to be a January birthday present. Oh, well, LOL.

Order002.pdf

windowsticker.pdf

I hope you got her an alternative birthday present - even just to hold her over until the new Edge arrives. All the best there ;)

Thanks for providing the .pdf's - very helpful.

Great Edge and the Ruby Red Metallic is beautiful. :) Would have been my first choice.

Keep us posted here when it arrives and your/her satisfaction with the vehicle.

Just fyi - if you recall mine was a private party sale - Mine was 2016 (206 miles when I picked it up and only a month old from initial purchase date) Sport MSRP $47,035 and I paid $36,875 but no sales tax. A $3,005 savings. Plus it was very enjoyable when at the DMV not having to pay the sales tax.

I also have had X plan for years but actually used it as I was always able to negotiate a better deal. And the X plan $100 doc fee much better than the inflated doc/dealer fee ($499-$799 varies by dealer) all the dealers charge here. :cry:

I also bought a Ford ESP warranty from a Minnesota dealer for about half of what the local dealers wanted and also Ford Corporate extended warranty group. If interested, One of my posts here on the Warranty section details the dealer name and details.

Of course yours was a 2017 and mine a 2016 so there is a year more depreciation on mine.

Always ask for a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) and check the options.

Excellent advice. Dealer 2 does it automatically, Dealer 1 did not. The first attachment shows the new order that Dealer 2 had me sign, my name and sig are removed. But the check marks are mine. :)

Be that as it may, the second attachment is a copy of what I gave Dealer 1. Straight from the order guide, they still had their copy in the file. Would you have ordered an Ebony interior after reading that? I also provided them with my build and price printout, which was also correct.

But you are correct, you have to double and triple check the paperwork at the dealer because people make mistakes.

My other squawk was that Ford put out the VIN well before the build date, see Post 1, but did not put out the window sticker until after the build date. There was an opportunity to correct the mistake before the build. If you have generated a VIN, I would assume that you could generate a window sticker before you build it.

NewOrder001.pdf

2017 Ford Edge Titanium.txt

Excellent advice. Dealer 2 does it automatically, Dealer 1 did not. The first attachment shows the new order that Dealer 2 had me sign, my name and sig are removed. But the check marks are mine. :)

Be that as it may, the second attachment is a copy of what I gave Dealer 1. Straight from the order guide, they still had their copy in the file. Would you have ordered an Ebony interior after reading that? I also provided them with my build and price printout, which was also correct.

But you are correct, you have to double and triple check the paperwork at the dealer because people make mistakes.

My other squawk was that Ford put out the VIN well before the build date, see Post 1, but did not put out the window sticker until after the build date. There was an opportunity to correct the mistake before the build. If you have generated a VIN, I would assume that you could generate a window sticker before you build it.

Once the VIN is generated all the parts are ordered, there's no way to correct anything other than just delete the whole order.

Just an fyi, Ford factory has confirmed they have all parts necessary to build your Edge, however they have not yet scheduled a build date. I'll keep you posted!

Have a great day!

Brian Grinn

2014, 2015 & 2016 Sales Associate of the Year

Ford Country

Ordered March 1, got this e-mail today, March 6. I guess some salesmen are just better at keeping their customers informed than others. Maybe that is why his signature is what it is.

Edited by All Hat No Cattle
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So this explains why the cancelled Titanium I ordered Nov. 4, and built Feb. 23 (ETIS), is still in Oakville.

Update today on the re-order. Maybe something to do with the airbag recall.

Just spoke with inventory manager. An update went out today that the Drivers Package is 100% exhausted right now. Like we spoke about, probably the adaptive steering.

This may change come next week. I'll keep you posted.

I recently received a Ford letter citing the air bag recall and that parts/remedy won't be available until late second quarter 2017, and I will be notified when to go to the dealer.

There is an official air bag recall notice dated 2/27/2017 from the NHTSA with manufacturer recall number 17C02 and NHTSA recall number 17V123. "Recall incomplete, remedy not yet available".

I have been following the adaptive steering issues on this forum. I received a single "error fault needs service" or something like this message to date on my 2016 Sport.

There is also a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 16-2085 12/2/2016 - 2015-2016 Edge 2016 MKX - Left Rear Sea backrest Does Not Fold Down When Using The Second Row Seat Control Switch - Built On Or Before 9/12/2016. Mine is a 6/2016 build and does exhibit this issue.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received a Ford letter citing the air bag recall and that parts/remedy won't be available until late second quarter 2017, and I will be notified when to go to the dealer.

There is an official air bag recall notice dated 2/27/2017 from the NHTSA with manufacturer recall number 17C02 and NHTSA recall number 17V123. "Recall incomplete, remedy not yet available".

I have been following the adaptive steering issues on this forum. I received a single "error fault needs service" or something like this message to date on my 2016 Sport.

There is also a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 16-2085 12/2/2016 - 2015-2016 Edge 2016 MKX - Left Rear Sea backrest Does Not Fold Down When Using The Second Row Seat Control Switch - Built On Or Before 9/12/2016. Mine is a 6/2016 build and does exhibit this issue.

FWIW, with respect to the airbag recall on 2016s and 2017s , I posted here last week that the recall service was performed for me back on 4/5 on a brand new 2017 sport that was within the affected build dates. Another user has posted to the thread since then as well who has had the recall service performed, so it seems parts are indeed coming available, and there is hope it isn't going to take until late Q2+ for all vehicles impacted by the recall.

Well, got my weekly update from my salesman today, hope he is correct.

The 3rd week of May remains the ETA. Have a great week!

Brian Grinn
2014, 2015 & 2016 Sales Associate of the Year
Ford Country
(702) 558-8145

I'm posting these weekly updates so other folks that have vehicles on order, and don't get updates like these, should ask their salesman, Why Not? We'll see when it gets on the train.

• Like 1

Hope it all comes together!

BTW: My 2016 Edge Sport is at Ford Country as of today. Air bag recall completed. Adaptive Steering Fault requires new steering wheel (3 bus days for part to come from Ford Sacramento parts depot). And also TSB for rear seat not folding all the way flat (right rear seat does) still pending, and the tech had the seat disassembled. I provided TSB number and detail learned from this forum) to service advisor but he declined to forward to technician - saying the tech will identify all TSBs for my Sport. Obviously that didn't happen.

• Like 1

Adaptive Steering Fault requires new steering wheel (3 bus days for part to come from Ford Sacramento parts depot). And also TSB for rear seat not folding all the way flat (right rear seat does) still pending, and the tech had the seat disassembled. I provided TSB number and detail learned from this forum) to service advisor but he declined to forward to technician - saying the tech will identify all TSBs for my Sport. Obviously that didn't happen.

Yeah, both my salesman and I thought that the AS problem was the reason for the hold-up. He looked up all the Titaniums ordered in town, and only the units with AS were on hold. Probably ran out of parts due to warranty work, but they seem to have the parts now.

Getting updates on TSB's, known problems, etc. is the reason I like these forums.

BTW, what little work I've had done at Ford Country, on my 2010 Lariat, (recalls and maintenance) have been done with no problems. I just did an oil change service a couple of weeks ago on my 2016 and the guy in charge of that e-mailed me to make sure I had no complaints. But you still have to watch them, people make mistakes.

Update - Parts on order for all 3 issues. (1) Airbag recall, (2) AS fault - new steering wheel - dealer had to obtain Ford approval in advance, (3) Rear seat part. Quoted me a week for all parts to arrive. Picked up vehicle as they said safe to drive, just disabled. I quite like AS and definitely difference notice at low speed. Have to check when AS work completed, as one person on this forum after his new steering wheel install cited the the dash AS options no longer included both Sport and Normal options. Forget which one did not appear.

TSB - is 16-2085 = Effective Dec. 2, 2016. 2015-2016 Edge/2016 MKX - Left Rear Sear back Backrest Does Not Fold Down When Using the Second Row Seat Control Switch - Built on or Before Sept 9, 2016.

I am glad I purchased a Ford ESP 5 year ext. (5 years past 3/36 factory warranty) warranty with zero deductible at 50% of what local dealer and Ford Corp. wanted for coverage for all the Edge Sport tech features.

Agreed Ford Country is overall very good on service. I previously had a 2014 Edge and was very satisfied. I believe the Service Writers are financially incentivized to achieve high customer satisfaction ratings. I overheard my guy on the phone telling a customer only all "5" (highest) ratings were acceptable. He is pretty good - Michael Robinson. Don't know if you can request a specific SA, but I will try for any future work.

How long have you been waiting from the order date? Seems like if has been a while. Overall, I am very pleased with my 2016 Edge Sport.

• Like 1

He is pretty good - Michael Robinson. Don't know if you can request a specific SA, but I will try for any future work.

You absolutely can. On my 2010 Lariat, in for some minor door handle recall, the SA gave me his card and said to ask for him for any problems in the future. Just did not need him, luckily. The SA's know if they treat you right, they'll get rewarded with a good rating.

On the current Edge order, it was put in March 1, but the Drivers Package was the definite holdup, at least the AS part of it. If the build goes thru next week, it is all downhill from there.