2016 brake issue

Hello

My brakes are very sensitive when pulling out of the driveway. I googled and think I found out why.

Anyone else experience this?

BRAKES (PWS)

Date Reported

JUNE 01, 2016

NHTSA Reference

TSB Reference

#SSM-45857

Description: 2015-2016 EDGE AND 2016 LINCOLN MKX - OVERLY SENSITIVE BRAKE APPLICATION AT LOWSPEED AND/OR IN COLD/WET CONDITIONS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 3/23/2016

My build date was January I believe

• Like 1

Mine is going in tomorrow morning, technician told me he needs it for at least 3 hours. Its a fairly simple repair but time consuming. Your dealer will have to be able to replicate the issue before they order the part under warranty. Which will mean they'll need it for 3 -4 hours to confirm the pedal sensitivity. If you're lucky and the issue is replicate-able as soon as you take it to them you'll be out quick. But the replacement will take some time.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I now have this exact problem with a 2018 Ford Edge.  Ford will not even attempt to help me.  I have had it in the dealership 4 times.  They agree the brakes are sensitive but say it is normal.  They let me drive two 2019 models with similar features and I could not make them stop as abruptly when I stomped on the brakes.  It appears to be fixed in the 2019 models.  But I have a bad 2018 model and Ford does not want to talk about it.  The dealership said this appears to be related to the new technology when a car has Adaptive Cruse, Collision Warning, Lane Departure features.  Mine has all of these.  The dealership said they have to get permission from Ford before they can do anything.  Ford will not allow them to do anything.

How can I get Ford to at least look into the problem on a 2018 model?

Can I use the Lemon Law to get my money back?

• 11 months later...

I know this one is old but it's what I came up with on the search. I took my 2016 Titanium in today with the exact complaint listed in the bulletin and said I wanted the braking diagnosed (after giving them the bulletin.) It's out of warranty so we both know I'm paying for it- and I'm fine with that if it fixes the problem. They said everything was in spec and it drive's like it should. I know it should not brake like this- my wife hates driving it because they are so sensitive. Has anybody had this same issue and the booster did not fix it? 

I don't mind changing it myself but I can't find much on the bleeding procedure upstream of the ABS, that's the only reason I went to the dealer.