Is it safe to floor it? Oil Change

blockisle9

I had my 2017 3.5 L for one month and just hit 1000 miles. I've been breaking it in just as the owners manual says, varying speed and rpms. Now that it has 1000 miles on it, is it broken in? Is is safe to floor it? I've been curious to see how the power feels compared to my previous 2.0 EchoBoost Escape.

Should I have the first oil change done now? Or just wait till the normal (for me) 3000 miles.

When a vehicle reaches the end of the assembly line and goes on the dyno for final testing, they go WOT. It's not a problem even during the first 1000 miles. They only say to vary the vehicle speed and don't tow anything.

Thank you! I was wondering how they test the vehicles before delivery. If I may expand a bit, are the engines ran at the engine assembly plant for testing or do they use a different method? Sorry, I'm just curious person.....

IMO the entire drive-line is not fully broken in until you have reached at least 5K and probably more, but that may well depend on how it is driven. I also believe you can't go wrong getting an oil change now. You may well have people tell you that you are wasting your money, but I consider the first oil change to be the most important one in the life of your vehicle. Cheap insurance!