LMS Versions

EdgeS16

The base program or calibrations they work from could be VERY different between the MKX and Edge as Ford is going to make changes for the needs of each specific vehicle. For instance, our 2.7 is likely programmed or calibrated very differently from the F150. If it was a copy and paste affair, the MKX tune likely would have come out already for the Edge Sport as holding it back would have done nothing to improve their competitiveness. As of right now, the fastest Edge Sport is running their tune.

The base program or calibrations they work from could be VERY different between the MKX and Edge as Ford is going to make changes for the needs of each specific vehicle. For instance, our 2.7 is likely programmed or calibrated very differently from the F150. If it was a copy and paste affair, the MKX tune likely would have come out already for the Edge Sport as holding it back would have done nothing to improve their competitiveness. As of right now, the fastest Edge Sport is running their tune.

considering the huge differences in engine setup and totally different turbo setup, I couldn't imagine a copy and paste job from the f150

The base program or calibrations they work from could be VERY different between the MKX and Edge as Ford is going to make changes for the needs of each specific vehicle.

This. It is the difference in the Base. There is more coming, patience. Not that these CUV's aren't already very fast with a tune, I will take even faster. Really need an improvement in intake though. Hoping somebody does something soon in that arena.

Why would the MKX tune not be available for the Sport? They are on the same platform with the same body and mechanicals; trans, AWD, etc. only differences are front and rear trim and interior trim.

But different Base to work of because of the factory calibrations. You have a framework to operate in, the programming framework is a different base. My guess is that LMS has figured out how to tweak the base and allow the Edge to have the same starting point as the MKX.

• 2 weeks later...

All dyno runs should have intersecting torque and HP lines at 5252 RPM.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dyno+5250+cross+explination&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=dyno+5250+cross+explanation&*

HP is calculated off of the torque the dyno measures. All it measures is torque.

HP = (TQ*RPM) / 5252

If you see intersection at a different RPM point it is because they are scaling the HP and the TQ differently on the chart.

It is the only way.

I am merely reading the Dyno chart posted as is. We can talk theory, and expected all we want. The chart shows BOTH the tuned and Stock curves intersecting at 4K. The 2 lines that intersect at 5200 is tuned TQ, and Stock HP. Not doing Math, just reading the Dyno Graph that was posted.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried several times to install the 93 performance tune last week. Got 3 errors. P0607, U0100, U0101. The car was a bit faster. Tried the 91 perf option and got the same response. Reflashed to stock and it has been good since. Waiting for a reponse from LMS. Anybody else experience this? Any possible solutions?

I tried several times to install the 93 performance tune last week. Got 3 errors. P0607, U0100, U0101. The car was a bit faster. Tried the 91 perf option and got the same response. Reflashed to stock and it has been good since. Waiting for a reponse from LMS. Anybody else experience this? Any possible solutions?

So those errors are all related to communications. Programmer couldn't talk to ECM and TCM after it started the process.

So, a few things:

1) Everything off?

2) Don't open or close doors.

3) Battery low?

4) Make sure connection is secure to the OBDII connector. Use some force.

• Like 1

So those errors are all related to communications. Programmer couldn't talk to ECM and TCM after it started the process.

So, a few things:

1) Everything off?

2) Don't open or close doors.

3) Battery low?

4) Make sure connection is secure to the OBDII connector. Use some force.

I had the same issue with the 91 and 93 Aggressive tunes, got the same 3 fault codes, in my case I found my battery was reading 11.9 after staying overnight, I removed and fully charged it and made sure to discharge all power from the car before connecting it back, also I let the car do its learning process after connecting the battery and went ahead and upload the 93 Performance tune, since then the car runs pretty well and the issues I had with shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 are gone completely it shifts very smooth now. Edited by EdgeS16
  • Like 2

You know, that's what LMS told me. They said it needed 12.5V to communicate. I put my battery charge on the car 12V/30A. It was drawing 18 A, so I'm sure it had to be about 14V. Loaded the 91 Perf/firm. It has been OK since then. Thanks for your input guys! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this and others have experienced the same thing. I chose the 91 tune because 93 is not available everywhere. If I should travel in the Winter I don't want to me in the situation of having the 93 tune while running 91. It is so much more quick at low RPMs than my wife's normallly aspirated V6 SUV.

• Like 1

A really flat torque curve is what makes you feel that difference at lower rpms versus naturally aspirated engines which tend to have more of a peaky curve. This is why Ecoboosts are so good for daily driving as the strong low to mid range really makes driving a lot easier than a top end engine.

• Like 2

A really flat torque curve is what makes you feel that difference at lower rpms versus naturally aspirated engines which tend to have more of a peaky curve. This is why Ecoboosts are so good for daily driving as the strong low to mid range really makes driving a lot easier than a top end engine.

This is why I actually prefer driving my 2.0LEB Fusion over the 3.7 MKX. MKX feels like a dog below 4000 rpm (it's not but it feels that way compared to the instant torque of the 2.0LEB).

No, the new tune from LMS is not out. According to what Leo posted, it appears that the new LMS tune for the Edge Sport is not a priority project for them right now. I assume they will get to it, but perhaps not as quick as we would like.

Alan, I thought your MKX was the Ecoboost and not the 3.7? I didn't even know you could get the Reserve trim level with the base engine.

Just to follow up with you guys who helped me out after getting errors with the flash, it's running great. I chose the 91 tune because 93 can be difficult to find in the Great Plains. I do run 93 in it normally but Im hoping the 91 tune will give me an extra margin of safety at the expense of a few HP. It is a ball to drive with the great gobs of torque at low RPMs. But since it's my Winter car, I "Summerized" it last weekend with a trickle charger, gas stabilizer, and a cover. Now I'm driving my true car love, my Cadillac ATS-V. I'll still be reading the forums. Thanks again, guys!

Alan, I thought your MKX was the Ecoboost and not the 3.7? I didn't even know you could get the Reserve trim level with the base engine.

I wanted the 2.7LEB but we would have had to order it and we didn't want to wait. Plus it's really the wife's vehicle and she drives like a granny.

The 3.7L is available on all models and trim levels in the states. i think Canada is different though.

That is terrible as you are really missing out. I would have to say that this 2.7 has been Ford's best engine ever until the second generation dual injected 3.5's just came out. What I really like about this 2.7 is that it has a decent top end versus the low rpm torque tuned 2.0 and first gen 3.5's which fall on their face after 4500rpms. It is also a really refined engine as you can tell Ford put a lot of effort into this all new built from scratch design.

• Like 1