Wheel spacers

Mgavin1985

There is no easy answer as to whether these will fit or not. (By "not", they will fit, bit it may throw off the offset by a certain amount. Whether this will affect the drivability or not is the question).

You may find the following link informative "Everything you ever wanted to know about wheel spacers."

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1364210-Everything-You-Ever-Wanted-To-Know-About-Wheel-Spacers

Here's a link to understanding offset: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

I'm kinda of surprised, that you're doing your research NOW!

30 mm 'ADAPTERS' will be too wide, especially on the front, and make your wheels stick out past the lip, unless you like that kind thing.

Are you putting different wheels on, or staying with the stockers?

I have 3/4", and 1.0" ADAPTERS on my Explorer Limited, with 22" Edge Sport wheels on 285/40 tires.

I also got them from the same shop. I'm sure you dealt with 'Lenny', and surprised he didn't give you some better advice.

My Ex is wider than an Edge, that's why I got my adapters to bring the wheel/tire flush withe the fender lip.

Your stock wheels are pretty flush, so my question is why are you getting them, why so wide?

frank

I just ordered custom made wheel spacers for 2013 sport. The spacers are 30mm hub and wheel centric anyone have spacers on on? Kinda hoping I did go to wide

Yes Lenny is the guy I spoke with I started at 17 mm and ordered then called him back the next day to switch to 30mm 1.18 inch I have the same Sport rims I guess we will see I am not looking for the big wheel truck look and hope it's not a mistake. have cutting wheel I plan to use how much of the stud did you cut off?

As I tried to explain to you, Explorers are wider than an Edge, that why I chose the .75" width for the front, and 1.0" for the rear. Your wheels are pretty well flush, so by going 30mm, they are defiently going to stick out, especially on the front, and may even rub in full lock. Plus throw up road debris! Why you went with adapters is beyond me, especially 30mm! Yes, sorry, but I think you did make a mistake.

Can't recall the exact measurements F/R, but as you can see in the pic a little less flush than the adapter, so that the wheel hub, and adapter make a clean seal. Torque to 100fp. Yes I used Loctite. Drive 100 miles, and re-torque all nuts.

Yes Lenny is the guy I spoke with I started at 17 mm and ordered then called him back the next day to switch to 30mm 1.18 inch I have the same Sport rims I guess we will see I am not looking for the big wheel truck look and hope it's not a mistake. have cutting wheel I plan to use how much of the stud did you cut off?

Jetz with your spacers have you noticed any ball joint issue, tie rod issues or have to do any wheel alignment. Have you had even tire wear? How long have you had the spacers on this would be helpful information to myself and others. these were other concerns about changing geometry of suspension and wear/repairs on those parts.

The stock wheels sit in so far, that's why I got them, I run them year round.

I never planned to take them off, but I would not be comfortable with running my stock wheels over the winter on short studs.

Red Loctite, didn't have any blue...and I didn't want to spend the big bucks! Lol

frank

With your studs cut are you able to take spacer off and put wheel on with enough thread to get 8 turn or so or would you have to replace all stud if u take spacers off? Red or blue locktite?

I've had my 'ADAPTERS', not ('spacers') lol on since last June, then installed my 22's. The next week I had 'Hunter Hawkeye Elite Laser Alignment'. The reason I mention this is that Old School alignment method involved mounting the alignment adapters to the wheels by four clamping mounting points, and always left four damaged marks on the wheels. When they are the stock wheels, it bothers me. When they are expensive aftermarket wheels it would really piss me off.

The new systems clamp to the tires, and no problem.

I have not noticed any issues, and plan on getting car aligned, wheels rebalanced when I swap the wheels in the spring.

Wheel bearing can be an issue also, so far so good.

image_zpsowvlzf7x.jpeg

image_zpshljr3mgh.jpeg

Jetz with your spacers have you noticed any ball joint issue, tie rod issues or have to do any wheel alignment. Have you had even tire wear? How long have you had the spacers on this would be helpful information to myself and others. these were other concerns about changing geometry of suspension and wear/repairs on those parts.

Are 'adapters' illegal in your state? Do they remove the wheels for the inspection? If so, they would notice that the studs are 'short'.

Reason I went so wide is for PA state inspection so that I can take off spacers each year and put wheels back on to pass inspection without replacing studs.

Lol

'Spacers' are just that, different thickness of discs to let you make adjustments (up to I believe 3/8"). Then any thicker needs become 'Adapters' with the built in studs.

No it didn't change the bolt pattern, but it could ie. putting Chevie wheels on Fords and so on.

Go back on the WS from where you ordered, 'Adapters' is the Terminology

frank.

Yes they are illegal but only an issue for inspection. So your adapters did they also change your bolt pattern too is that why u call em adapters

Edited by JETZ

They have arrived bigger than expected but very good craftsmanship feel better with made in USA product compared to eBay Chinese spacers. I plan to tinker and install this weekend. I first need to clean rotors they have developed some rust and I will paint outside. I don't think I'll have a problem in fulllock but I did order them a tad to big 20 mm or 25 mm would have worked

If anyone put the spacers on it's not to bad total time 1 hour that's all it took me to tinker but once the studs are cut if someone wanted to take spacers off and put stock wheel on with no spacers the studs are going to be to short and will require new studs ARP has good stud that are stronger and more durable that OEM but are also more expensive.

post-44395-0-08537900-1487446539_thumb.jpg

post-44395-0-96036700-1487446617_thumb.jpg

• Like 1