Taillight Led Turn Signal Hyperflash

I own a 2014 ford edge sel awd and just recently bought leds for my turn signals and they hyperflash! I know i have to install resistors and im fine with that, my only problem is the taillights there is not much room and i know the resistors are not supposed to touch anything. How am I supposed to install them with no room?! Please help!! Thank you!

The ForScan windows PC version (free) you can use it to change vehicle parameters (as built data), some options would already be shown by default if the programmers already know it. This is their website.

Ā 

Here are some threads about it:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/double-honk-disable-enable-with-forscan.449385/

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-forscan-update-allows-module-programming.442848/

• Like 1

You don't have to install the resistors close to the lamps. They only have to be connected in parallel anywhere within the turn signal circuit. I mounted mine to a metal support under the left side of the dash using two-sided tape and connected to the rear turn signal wires behind the left kick panel. I don't remember the wire colors but they are the same in the harness behind the kick panel as they are behind the lamp itself.

• Like 1

Yes, both side taillight wiring runs in a harness down the left side of the vehicle under the door sills. I never had a problem with the tape. I've used it in several vehicles and as long as there is airspace around the resistors it never gets hot enough to damage the tape. After all, it's only in use intermittently for the turn signals. If it was running lights, brake lights or something else that would be on for extended periods then I might be concerned. Get the resistors that are inside heat sink cases and it should be fine.

Dam too late lol, i just got the edge so dont want anything cheap in it, now this is off topic but i just got hids installed... they are bright but the only thing there is like a black straight light of no light if that makes anysense. It is the cone shape of light infront of me but there is a strip of black (no light) its annoying! When i get out and look at the headlights they seem to be fine i dont see anything that can cause that

shaped like a finger? the bulb is misinstalled. a forum search will reveal more info.

Dam too late lol, i just got the edge so dont want anything cheap in it, now this is off topic but i just got hids installed... they are bright but the only thing there is like a black straight light of no light if that makes anysense. It is the cone shape of light infront of me but there is a strip of black (no light) its annoying! When i get out and look at the headlights they seem to be fine i dont see anything that can cause that

1st thing, switch the left and right bulb and see if the problem moves. If it moves, it's the bulb. If it doesn't move, then switch the left and right ballast. If that doesn't do anything, put the halogens back in, they had better usable light anyway.

"Capsule" is the technical name for what most people call the "bulb" in an HID system. In fact, it is being called a bulb much more commonly now so I should probably get with the times. Unlike a traditional bulb, it has a return wire that runs down the outside instead of having all the wires inside the glass. That return wire has been known to cause a shadow in the beam pattern much like you're describing (a finger or tiny wedge shape). Depending on the particular type (H7, H9, 9006, etc.) the bulb can be removed from the socket and rotated before reinstalling to position the return wire differently from where it was originally (e.g. it might go from the one o'clock position to the seven o'clock position). Sometimes a little trimming of the locking tabs on the bulb might be necessary to allow it to be inserted in a different orientation and still twist to lock in place. The object is to get the return wire into a position where the shadow it casts is in the area of the beam pattern that is blocked by the cutoff shutter in the projector so that you don't see it on the road.

• Like 1