Green Fluid Leak. Possible freon leak?

StephenM

Last week the air stopped working in our 2010 Ford Edge. I got a can of freon from the auto parts store and filled it up and it's working again. I noticed tonight a small puddle of oiley like fluid under the front driver side corner. Looked around and noticed the tranny cooler is bent up a little and maybe even the condense cool. Looks like we may have been backed into and it bent a bracket a pushed it into the tranny/condenser cooler. Is this something I can fix myself? Or do I have to take it in?

Seems like the condenser was damaged and it is leaking. You can replace it yourself but if you have never worked on AC and do not have the vacuum pump and oil with Freon etc. along with knowing about high and low side lines etc. Then you may want to take it to a garage you can do some work yourself like replacing the condenser to save some $$$$

• Like 2

Just remember you can't keep adding Freon to keep it going. Eventually you will lose enough oil to destroy the compressor.

My neighbor had the same problem and asked me to look at it. I told him to go to a body shop and get an estimate. His insurance paid minus the deductible. If you have collision you should use it. It also fixed the dent he received at the same time.

• Like 1