12v Accessory Outlet operation

It is my understanding that the "engine off load shed" feature was not connected to the auxiliary power points (that is, they are always on). They are powered directly through the Battery Junction Box and not through the Smart Junction Box.

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/center-console/powerpoints.html

Unlike the 120 volt Power point the shuts off when the battery reaches 11 volts, these will completely drain the battery if allowed.

Edited by enigma-2

It is my understanding that the "engine off load shed" feature was not connected to the auxiliary power points (that is, they are always on). They are powered directly through the Battery Junction Box and not through the Smart Junction Box.

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/center-console/powerpoints.html

Unlike the 120 volt Power point the shuts off when the battery reaches 11 volts, these will completely drain the battery if allowed.

If the car has been running upon cutting the car off the accessory outlet remains energized for a lengthy period of time (30 mins or more) it eventually cuts off.

On the other hand. Once off...if the radio is powered on...the circuit cuts on...cut radio off circuit cuts off. You can cut radio on and off without keys by pressing on button.

I want my device I use for work to come on and off with the switch but not to cut off an hour later.

Fuse 23 shows as delayed accessory I may have to see if this operates the way I need it to.

Edited by DBDRVN