08 Edge booster is bad

I found out my brake booster is bad. I had my hopes up when I read it still may be under warranty. I read, 10 years, or 150,000 mi according to Ford bulletin 13N02 it covers only 2010 and up. After getting a quote of $1,100 I decided to do it my self. It seams to be going ok so far. I ran out of light. I can't get at the inside parts, until I remove my seat, and slide it back a little. My 74 year old body just don't bend like when I was younger. Has anyone replaced one lately? Does the booster actually come up and out of the engine compartment? Looks close. Stan

• Like 1

Several forum members have removed the brake booster and installed the new one. Keep in mind the brake switch is more often than not damaged during the removal/installation process. Better to buy the brake switch and have it on hand than to not have it. The booster comes out from the top, but several other components have to be removed. Removing the Intake manifold and throttle body will provide much more room to perform the repair.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pictures. I did get it out. What a bad dream. I tried it. I have O brakes. I think I may have not got the booster shaft into the master cylinder hole. It is too dark now. All I can do is remove the master cylinder again. I think if I have someone push the brake pedel the get the booster shaft out a little further. To make sure it goes in the hole. Stan