A/C on randomly when starting car (Auto HVAC)

So i've noticed that randomly, my 2016 Sport will turn the a/c on at startup. The thing is, it's not hot outside. I've had this happen when it's 45* in my garage or in the low 50's outside.

When turning the car off, the hvac controls are as follows:

Auto, 72, but i manually lowered the fan to 1. I do this pretty much daily, but the a/c thing happens maybe 2-3 times a month. Like I said, it's not warm and definitely not humid, but i'm trying to figure out why the car thinks it needs the a/c on.

Anyone else notice this?

I've had the same issue with my Fusion for the last 4 years. I think it's how the CD4 platform hvac works. Our 2016 MKX seems to work the same.

I also like to keep it on 72 and more often than not the A/C will blow cold when you first start the vehicle even if it's below 60 outside. If you bump it up to 73 it stops. I thought maybe it was a bad sensor but then I noticed others reporting the same and on our MKX. I think it's just how it's programmed. Next time try bumping it to 73 at startup then back to 72 after a few minutes.

• Like 1