Second gen. Edge - Line item option delete?

Now that you have owned your 2 gen. Edge a while here is a question for you:

If you could have a line item veto / delete on a specific option within a given trim level package what would that be and why? Those of us of a certain age will remember that "back in the day" hell, we could do a radio delete. ;)

Edited by Chipster

Not 2nd Gen but:

Ā 

Capless fuel filler. First time I filled up my '11 I thought "no gas cap...wtf?" Went to O'Reilly and bought a locking gas cap. I don't even like non-locking gas caps.

Yeah, its convenient but... no gas cap at all!?

This was one of the things I loved especially with this being my first Ford (previously only owned Japanese and German which all had gas caps).

Yeah, I think its one of those love it or hate it things. I guess I'm just an old school guy - growing up in LA it was always a worry that something would get put or dropped into the gas tank. We always made sure one of the first things we did was get a locking gas cap. I do admit that not having a gas cap is convenient but it makes my paranoid inner self go bonkers! :headspin:

• Like 1

AK, yes that is another PITA. If want to put in an additive I have to use the little plastic funnel adapter. Man, you guys are really makin' me go nutso!!! (see paranoid inner self comment above.)

Ā 

One person's awesome convenience is another person's nightmare. Stop using additives and move to a safer city. ;)

I was wondering about the various options packaged within equipment groups like 201A, or 301A, 302A. There sure seems to be a lot of "stuff" packaged in each of these equipment groups, some of them have been reported here as problematic. If you could pick and choose which option(s) would be deleted from one of these packages?

Well, Ford lost a few bucks in the way they did the Cold Weather package on the Titanium we have on order. My wife likes the heated steering wheel I have on my '16 F-150 Platty.

Ā 

But when she saw that you also get All Weather Floor Mats in the package, she said no way. Why pay for something that would go straight into the recycle bin? Her words, just on general principles.

Ā 

We live in Las Vegas, and she wanted the heated wheel for those chilly 40Ā° mornings in the dead of winter. :) But snow and rain mats? LOL,LOL,LOL.

Well, Ford lost a few bucks in the way they did the Cold Weather package on the Titanium we have on order. My wife likes the heated steering wheel I have on my '16 F-150 Platty.

Ā 

But when she saw that you also get All Weather Floor Mats in the package, she said no way. Why pay for something that would go straight into the recycle bin? Her words, just on general principles.

Ā 

We live in Las Vegas, and she wanted the heated wheel for those chilly 40Ā° mornings in the dead of winter. :) But snow and rain mats? LOL,LOL,LOL.

I didn't opt for that even in Toronto, since I didn't want the crappy oem winter mats (bought Weathertech).

Ā 

I didn't opt for that even in Toronto, since I didn't want the crappy oem winter mats (bought Weathertech).

So if Ford lost $200-250+- on you, by not having the heated wheel as a stand-alone option, and the same on me, it makes me wonder how many other people feel the same way. Hmmm.

Ā 

Off topic, have you heard anything up there about the cause of some delay on Titaniums?

Why on earth would you give up the heated wheel just because of the winter mats? You can sell them or throw them away.

Principles. I hate being forced to get something I want to get something I don't want. In this case, I didn't actually opt out of the heated steering wheel because of the mats, instead I chose a configuration that was available that happened to not have this package (and I was happy about it - despite me being mad that I don't have a heated steering wheel now lol). Principles! :)

So if Ford lost $200-250+- on you, by not having the heated wheel as a stand-alone option, and the same on me, it makes me wonder how many other people feel the same way. Hmmm.

Ā 

Off topic, have you heard anything up there about the cause of some delay on Titaniums?

Unfortunately I don't know the cause. I drive by the Ford Assembly plant every day and other than traffic being horrible, it looks to be busy! Haha probably not the answer you were looking for.

Principles. I hate being forced to get something I want to get something I don't want. In this case, I didn't actually opt out of the heated steering wheel because of the mats, instead I chose a configuration that was available that happened to not have this package (and I was happy about it - despite me being mad that I don't have a heated steering wheel now lol). Principles! :)

I get that to some degree but going without the option really doesn't hurt anyone but you. If it was $1000 option that you couldn't take out it would make more sense to me.

I get that to some degree but going without the option really doesn't hurt anyone but you. If it was $1000 option that you couldn't take out it would make more sense to me.

That's why I said I actually didn't opt out of the package. I found a vehicle that happened to not have the package and I justified liking it because I hated that the two items were packaged together and I couldn't have the one item I wanted (huge run on sentence but I think you get the point). The topic is about what packages would you delete something from...plain and simple, I would have the heated steering wheel a stand alone option (despite it being packaged with a relatively inexpensive set of floor mats).

I knew I didn't want the Visa Roof as I had a feeling that it would create more issues than benefits for me, so I just opted for the basic 300A. As it turned out I am glad I did. As my old grandfather once said, " Why would you cut a hole in a perfectly good roof, you are just asking for trouble?"

As others have stated, it would be nice to be able to delete the Vista roof in the Titanium 302A package or the get leather seats in the Sport. I currently have a 2015 Titanium and am about to order a 2017. I want all of the safety and convenience options but no roof. In order to accomplish that end I think that I will go with the Sport and accept the seats.

Thinking about all this 'option add' and 'option delete' discussion... Is it possible to actually do a true 'build your own' Edge? The Ford website does have a 'build your own' option but it is constrained by what the packages offer. Add something, get something else you don't want.. delete one item and delete the whole package and a few things you might want. Would it be possible to talk a dealer into actually doing a specific 'made to order' order to Ford (or any manufacturer, for that matter?)

(..don't want to h-jack the thread, let me know if I'm out of turn...)

• 4 weeks later...