Track Time Results

STB130

• 8 months later...

Well, I finally made it to a track. Not sure if I did any good or not. This car has the Livernois 93 Performance Soft Shift Tune. I did both runs from idle, I was going to try doing a 1500rpm start but I didnt get a whole lot of time to set up, it was late, the right lane had oil and there was a wrecked car down at the end. 

5zSxEuU.jpg?1

MAEQ7a9.png

seIgDvN.png

They told me if its my first time just go from idle. But I've always felt my car is too slow for the tune. It chokes on start more than I think it should even for a turbocharged car. Also what's up with that dead spot just before 70mph?

They have tuners at the track, I wonder if I backed out the livernois tune and let one of them work on it if it would be better. But then I wonder if its worth the money. I used the soft shift tune because I dont like it slamming into gears around town because everyone in Pensacola drives ridiculously slow and it just seems dumb to be banging gears at 30mph. But because everyone drives slow in town I'm wondering how much learned transmission behavior hurts me. Anytime I've ever reset tunes it's been great for a day or two then it goes back to sucking on starts. 

I really should see how it does if I brake torque it next time. I'm also wondering if I reacted fast enough off the start, I dont really get what the reaction line means but I'm guessing that means me reacting to the light?

Driving 30 mph gently will surely screw up your race times, just reload the tune once you get to track. Reaction time is just the time it took for you to get going. Perfect reaction to green would put you at 0.500 so you want to go on the last amber. 

Make sure traction control off and brake torque ?

Finally decided to test out my Dragy with a zero to sixty run by merging onto the highway. It is with 91 octane gas and a slight up hill grade.  Most of the onramps around here are down hill as you will see . Turns out Dragy is very easy to use and I had no trouble getting it to work with my iPhone .  I placed it in the box on top of the dash then closed the lid and it worked fine. Although it shows 1/8 mile time I backed off after 60MPH to keep things safe and sane. 

2 hours ago, Xtra said:

Finally decided to test out my Dragy with a zero to sixty run by merging onto the highway. It is with 91 octane gas and a slight up hill grade.  Most of the onramps around here are down hill as you will see . Turns out Dragy is very easy to use and I had no trouble getting it to work with my iPhone .  I placed it in the box on top of the dash then closed the lid and it worked fine. Although it shows 1/8 mile time I backed off after 60MPH to keep things safe and sane. 

Xtra, I'm glad you are testing the Dragy out. Can you post the photo of the 0 to 60 chart? Did you brake torque it just flat foot? Seems a bit slow for your level of mods. 

21 hours ago, 037 said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say the two of you are running neck and neck. Xtras graph shows he's spinning as 2nd gear hits pretty hard, as hard as 1st on launch. Plus the DA difference. 

Mine pretty much skips 2nnd gear.  It blips it for a split second and on to 3rd.  I assume I would have better numbers if 2nd was not even there since the trans tries to hit it. 

2 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

Mine pretty much skips 2nnd gear.  It blips it for a split second and on to 3rd.  I assume I would have better numbers if 2nd was not even there since the trans tries to hit it. 

Not so sure skipping 2nd is a great idea, might wanna redo the math, first is good for 20-25 and 2nd to about 50-55 hitting 3rd even at 35 would be a huge slow down. 

On 9/30/2019 at 4:00 PM, 037 said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say the two of you are running neck and neck. Xtras graph shows he's spinning as 2nd gear hits pretty hard, as hard as 1st on launch. Plus the DA difference. 

Yes, my car spins the tires a lot, I get wheel hop in second gear every time I jump on it, more than on launch ( see the video above).  I would be so lucky to ever get a 120ft DA around here and there is no way and no place to test on the PCH Pacific Coast Hwy and be safe. In the past I have  laid down very long sets of black stripes on private road / driveway. 70* and 3628FT is good for here.  

Edited by Xtra

7 hours ago, jamie1073 said:

5 hours ago, 037 said:

Not so sure skipping 2nd is a great idea, might wanna redo the math, first is good for 20-25 and 2nd to about 50-55 hitting 3rd even at 35 would be a huge slow down. 

The 2019 ST has the new 8-speed (8F-57) which basically added a ratio between the previous 1st & 2nd and the other ratio an extra overdrive. So the comment by  @jamie1073 makes sense.

image.png

8 hours ago, 037 said:

Ah, sometimes I forget about the 8 speed. Either way, Livernois tune eliminates that skip. Stock I believe there is a good bit of skipping. 

I have the Livernois tune and it does not eliminate the skip.  I can feel it and if I put it in manual sport mode and watch the gear changes I can see the 2 briefly then 3 and holds it until redline.  That is the problem.  It does not seem to cleanly skip the gear all together.  So there is a brief split second loss of power to the ground.  And the ST does not spin as much as a Sport with the LMS tune, from what i hear on here.  Not even a chirp when it hits 3rd, just pulls. 

22 hours ago, 037 said:

Strange, they did it for the 10 speed, maybe I am assuming too much. Reach out and confirm with LMS? 

ST has a lot less power than Sport so probably that's the lack of chirping as they are hesitant to push the 8 speed hard too fast. 

Sadly the 10 speed is something they have worked on before so I assume it was much easier to figure out the programming and already know it's power capabilities.  Maybe they will improve the ST tune but from what I have read here it takes some pushing by the community to get revisions done.