2011 Lincoln MKX Temperature Control Problem

I was hoping someone may have had a similar problem or recommend what to investigate.

When I start the car up after it has been sitting a while the passenger side climate control temperature quickly lowers itself from its initial setting (maybe 73) to LO. I can press the temperature and Dual setting buttons and it does not stop unless I press the climate control OFF. The driver side is fine. If the car is warm and restarted I do not see the problem. Thanks.

Try cleaning the passenger side (-) temp button, it seems like it is being pressed.

You can also try a battery disconnect to reset the electronics. Last suggestion if it still doesn't work is try to clean the button from behind after removing the panel.

I went ahead and removed the panel, it was pretty easy, like you said. I removed the cover to the circuit board on the back of the panel and cleaned the ends of the flex cable going to the board. I'm not sure that will do it, since the problem appears is temperature related (only happens when cold), I'll wait and see. I'm thinking about getting a used panel if the problem comes back.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I bought the panel from ebay, same p/n and color as mine, put it in and hasn't had any problems in several days so I'm pretty sure that was the issue. Not sure if it was the circuit board or switches on the panel or the flex but I think its fixed.

Did your panel make this noise when it was lowering itself? I think I have the same problem. https://youtu.be/yMT6CpWGUd0

• 3 years later...

Mikenlaura - Question for you or anyone reading this post. I have same issue with my 2013 MKX where Dual air button starts acting on it's own and keep dropping temp on one side. If i replaced the front panel with one from Ebay which is costing around $80, would that solve the problem? Is that what you did mikenlaura? Thanks

Lincoln-MKX-2013-Radio-Control-Panel-EA1T-18A802-AB-120-A56

I had  a similar problem with my 2011 Ford Edge Limited, except is was the Emergency Flashers that would turn on by themselves randomly.  The killer was that it would occasionally happen when the car was unattended and I'd return to a dead battery - multiple times.!!!! I ended up replacing the panel with one from a 2013 and the problem was fixed and has never returned.  I'd say just replace it.  Those capacitive touch panels are suspect in my book

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sheesh! Personally I think they gave you that price to turn you away and or scare you away.  Then again I don't know any stealership that would turn down your monies!! 

I really doubt that they would have a 9 year old FCIM in stock...... anywhere.

They won't install used parts, so it looks like you beat the stealership this time!