2017 Cross Bars at reasonable cost?

Today I purchased a 2017 Ford Edge with the flush side rails. Now I need reasonably priced cross rails but all I'm finding are expensive options like Thule. I traded in a 2008 Edge that had the basic rack. We only use it for our Thule roof top box once or twice a year to go on vacation but it's vital. I was just hoping it wasn't going to cost me 500+ for cross rails. I had basic rails from Ford that cost me $150 or so on my 2008 but it seems like Ford doesn't sell them at all for my model even though they put the side rails on it.

Anyone know of any other options?

• 4 weeks later...

My problem exactly! I just got a 2016 Edge with the same side rails. I bought it from a "small town" (Salmon, Idaho) dealer and the cross rails are $480.00. That seems VERY high, except:

1) The dealer in Missoula could not even make the Ford Accessories website work so they could sell me a pair (Fords are my favorite Truck/SUV maker but their dealers SUCK, IMO). I went to my friend Dave Hull in Salmon.

2) The Thule's and Yakamas use a "tower" for the attachment to the side rails and then adapt their generic cross bars to the tower.

3) Thules and Yakamas cost $500 +, anyway.

4) The OEM cross bars were designed to match the "flush" side rails. They do not stick up as high (I think. I have ordered a set and will post photos).

5) I have been a Model A Ford owner and classic car hobbyist for over 50 years. OEM parts and accessories are rare. I bet, when I sell this

Edge, I can bump the price up $300+ just for the OEM cross bars.

Edited by Fishguy