Mercedes Cross Bars installed!

First post on the forum, I have a '07 MKX which had the naked roof with the BAMR. Looking at rack options I didn't want a rack that "clipped" onto the door jamb.

So I purchased the Ford Edge roof rails from an online dealer for $230 shipped. Then was going to buy Thule or Yakima racks but didnt want to pay another $300+ for the cross bars.

I was walking around in my work parking lot one day when I noticed a Mercedes SUV had some pretty cool looking Mercedes branded cross bars.

Went on eBay and found the bars selling for as cheap as $120 + $20 shipping with a best offer. I offered $100, he accepted and I got them in the mail few days later.

Luckily, they fit! Look awesome and only $120. Thought I'd share.

See photos attached.

2007 MKX with EDGE rails and Mercedes rack

Mercedes Rack

Edited by jrmynorcal
  • Like 1

Those do look pretty slick. And high enough above the BAMR so no interference. If you don't mind my asking, what dealer did you get the side rails from? I haven't had any luck finding anyone to trade side rails for my rail inserts, so I may have to just purchase the rails.

I got them from here. But local dealer had them too.

http://www.discountfordpartsfromsoundford.net/

I searched junk yards found nothing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...