MKX'ers: What year(s) have a glove box light?

chefduane

MKX owners - can anyone tell me which years of MKX's have a glove box light? I am a lowly Edge owner and don't have the nicety of a glove box light like the uber-mobile MKX!! I would like to retro an MKX glove light and switch into my Edge. I have read some other threads about ciphering up a switch and light from scratch but I figure if it's already been engineered why try to re-invent the wheel? I'm thinking about maybe seeing if my local pick-a-part yard has any MKX's that I could pull one from. (Heavens no!! There couldn't be any MKX's in salvage yard!!) If that is not an option, I'll just order a switch and light from a local dealer. Help a brother out!!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

OK, well, I've id'd the switch I need with the part # but can anyone tell me WHERE the thing is mounted? I'm assuming on the upper lip of the enclosure (not the door) somewhere. Left side, right side? Having a tough time figuring out the location. Thanks again for any feedback.

Reboot, Pretty Please: Would any MKX owner be so kind as to inform me where exactly the glove box light is mounted? I have googlesearched, utoobed it, and checked other forums all to no avail.

Again, thanks for any feedback.

If there are still no responses, I understand and will quietly sulk off feeling empty and abandon, never to ask again. <sigh>

Omar, thanks VERY much for the pix!! I have the connector on order and I am going to run by my local ford dealer to check on the light/switch. My Edge does not have the extra plastic tab on the left side of the glove box where the switch mounts, but I'm sure I can Texas engineer something. Thanks again for the pix!

My 09 does NOT have a glove box light. Had plans once of using a Reed switch (activates in proximity of a magnet) glued inside tge back of the instrument panel and glueing a magnet inside the g-box door (opening the door halves ((they separate by unscrewing)) and glueing a magnet on the inside, left side. Completely hidden when box door is open.)

For the lights, i was hoing to run a short strip of LEDS over the area above the box to illuminate the entire box when open. Was looking for warm-white as I hate the cold feeling of white-white. Also wanted low output LEDs - most everything anymore is the super bright stuff.

Nice thing about this setup is, no mechanical switch to malfunction, no plunger sticking out and full illumination of the contents of the box.

• Like 1

I'm going to go full OEM but I do think I will upgrade the bulb to brighter. Plunger switch with bulb is 8A5Z-14413-A and the connector is 3U2J14B475EHA. Strangely, Rock Auto has the connector but not the plunger/bulb assy. Went to my local dealer today for the plunger/bulb and no one has them in stock. I'm going to order from Tasca or FPG.com. I'll then have to figure out how to cipher up the mount for it. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'll take power from the cig lighter in the pass leg area and then ground it somewhere.

• Like 1