Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Weekend warrior detailing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

So my Edge had some water spots and swirls and scratches and I've been reading online forums and pulled the trigger on some purchases to do a full detail. So I purchased a DA polisher from harbor freight and meguiars 105 compound And then 205 polish and followed by klasse AIO and then 3 coats of Klasse High gloss sealant and two coats of gold class paste wax. I am completely blown away at the shine the 205 brought out and the klasse locked in. Has anyone else used this stuff. It took out almost every swirl mark too. For the trim and tire I used UTTG which is head and shoulders above back to black and very different from normal trim dressings. Do pro detailors use the above stuff is this a combo any one else uses and it doesn't look like a weekend warrior's craft work. 8 hours for each coat of klasse high gloss to cure took a day and a half and my back if killing me. I will up load pics.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

And folex stain remover for interior carpet worked well and had no lingering Oder
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#3 OFFLINE   IWRBB

IWRBB

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 231 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2010

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Just don't have the time for all that anymore. I'm lucky if I can get one good claybar/wax per year per vehicle.  My garage  

#4 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 943 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

pro detailers still use meguiars products. most detailers don't really use any off the shelf product. No pro detailer is going to use a harbor frieght DA, but it's all about starting somewhere. I'm a big Griots guy, but I have a Chemical Guys Torq10FX polisher, not a fan of their products but enjoy the entry level polisher. I'm also a big fan of Gyeon products also.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:26 PM

It work decent and the safety on it where it stop rotating with too much pressure or being off kilter. The UTTG trim dressing is very impressive make the trim look new not greasy seems durable. What's the good word with aqu wax from duragloss looked like very good affordable product that had a following. I was watching YouTube the ammo guy from NYC was pretty informative. I have not tried Wolfgang sealant. I have a 13 deep metallic blue and the front hood took a beating this winter from salt truck a lot of chips

#6 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

*aqua wax

#7 OFFLINE   Mgavin1985

Mgavin1985

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

*bumped

I just used collinte 845 wax to top the sealant 111 & 601. I was actually very impressed by the collinte it seems to be a combo of wax and sealant and under $20 anybody have any experience with the above

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users