Zmax

Mgavin1985

+1 on snake oil, as are most additives. Techron has some benefits but still is probably marginal at best. I Sea Foamed my '98 Explorer once. AWESOME smoke show but didn't perceive it did a darn thing. Just use a Top Tier gas and a good synth/synth blend oil and filter, and change at appropriate intervals.

Zmax and all that other shit on the market is absolute garbage snake oil. You do not want to run any of this stuff as they can cause damage to the emissions system or degrade the oil. The reality is that no matter how good of a marketing job these companies do, you are best off running a high quality oil and filter along with running nothing but a top tier fuel from a station that has a reputation for having fresh fuel. I fill up at Costco as it is top tier certified and I know for a fact that their fuel is fresh.

If you need to run an additive, Chevron Techron is considered to be the gold standard as it is safe if not run frequently and is the only additive that has been proven to actually work. The other option if you feel you are experiencing carbon buildup in the combustion chamber or clogged injectors is the BG induction service which Ford dealers offer. This is only safe on non turbo engines though. This issue shouldn't happen though if you run a really good oil and filter + top tier fuel.

• Like 1