Lincoln MKX

Spree

I'll answer the converse of this question.

I selected my 2012 MKX because factory trailer tow was offered with its standard 3.7 powertrain, whereas factory trailer tow was not available on the Edge Sport, the only Edge model offering the 3.7 powertrain.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I was looking to replace my '98 Explorer with 213k miles and wanted to stay with Ford or Lincoln. Always got great service from FoMoCo products. I saw a low miles '11 Edge Limited AWD in Tux Black available and bought it. I would have gone with an MKX if had one been available equipped that way I wanted when I was looking. The Edge happened to be in the right place at the right time.

• Like 1

I bought my 13 MKX (3 hours north almost 2 years ago), off...cars.com...looked for months for an Edge. The ones I found were in not so good shape, broke door panel, dents, things just not working right for the same money as an MKX. Now that I have an MKX and looked at all the Edge's, The interior in the Edge seems' a little sub standard compared to the MKX. I'm not putting down the Edge by any means. Just looked at a 17 and it was BAD ASS!

I was just wondering your thoughts on the MKX vs the Edge?

The reason is.... I'm thinking about trading in and want to know your thoughts.

• Like 1

The Edge is what it is, and the MKX is what it is. In general, they are pretty much the same vehicle with the MKX being a bit more luxurious, offering more niceties (like a GLOVEBOX LIGHT, <R U LISTENING, FORD?>) and the 3.7L engine as standard that only comes in the Edge Sport. All that for more money. If one thinks that the extra $$ provides extra value, then buy the MKX. If not, buy a Ford. I personally don't think you could go wrong with either one. I bought the Edge because it was the trim level I was looking for (Limited AWD 301a), in the color I was looking for (Tux Black), at the price I was looking for, and it was at the Lexus dealer that I had previously bought 3 Lexus' at (my wife's!) so I knew that the dealership experience would be upscale (it was.) If a similarly equipped, priced, and color MKX had been available at that dealership I would have bought it. I guess I am being verbose in saying whether you buy or trade, get what you can comfortably afford and what you want.

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Oh hi,

RE: (like a GLOVEBOX LIGHT, <R U LISTENING, FORD?>)

My 2017 Edge Sport has a glove box light, and center console light, and a light in the "pass through hole" of the console:-)

I almost got the 2017 MKX, tempted by the 2 years maintenance, though I tend to do all my own anyway. I bought off the lot, and the Edge Sport was on the lot...though I would really like the MKX sound system!

• Like 1