Aftermarket Brakes for Edge Sport

Xtra

The fact is that up until now no manufacture has offered a brake package for Edge sports and I have seen on this forum some people are interested in this kind of upgrade. I have them and a SEMA car has them, thats it as far as I know. I love them, they kick major ass and that is my opinion . Because I let Rotora use my car to develop the product I have arranged to help others enjoy what I have. If it offends people that some stranger would do something out of his way to help them out then so be it. I have no investment in this other than helping other Edge owners step up and showing off my cars. . If you think I work for anyone you are wrong, I am retired and enjoying the good life. My Edge is a everyday driver and then I have the weekend warrior. As far as I am concerned if you are happy with your OEM or Pep Boys Lifetime Brakes than good on ya.

post-46130-0-00197400-1493496634_thumb.jpg

Me at the Track in my 200 mph car. Guess someone out there thinks this is fake as well.

post-46130-0-29002700-1493498274_thumb.jpg

Of course if they were aiming for performance the calipers would be designed to be on the rear of the rotor up front and the front of the rotors in the rear. High end balancing and weight distribution. Plus I bet that red car does not have drilled or slotted rotors. Might be a danger and most likely not allow on tracks. Hummmmm

NASCAR track rules:

Brakes

1. Front and rear disc brakes mandatory. Any caliper permitted.
  2. Only cast steel rotors permitted. Rotors must maintain a minimum of ¾” thickness and cannot be drilled or slotted completely through.
  3. No carbon fiber, fiberglass or titanium brake parts allowed.
  • Like 1

I would love to see a set of these brakes used in the North with the salt on the roads in the winters. I bet this company did not even test them for this situation. I also bet the rotors are made in china, not forged and were drilled after the fact which ultimately will cause serious stress fractures from heat. Waiting for the proof of sourcing and manufacturing. Need documented facts not words.

Ok here we go . The front 6 pot brakes did not fit the 2016 21 inch Edge Sport OEM rims without the use of wheel spacers. I don't know about any other years or rim combinations. Every year or so manufactures change the rims and that can be a problem with fitment. Rotora had my car for a couple weeks designing a new system. That new improved brake system includes the electric rear parking brake, the anti lock brakes and lets the front 6 piston calipers with 380mm rotors, Drilled or Slotted ,fit the 21 inch OEM wheels without spacers. So the electric parking brake does work as original. The Anti Lock Brakes do work as original. And the front calipers do fit without the use of wheel spacers. These brakes kick ass and work so much better than stock it is not funny and yes they do cost more than Pep Boys life time brakes. To make things better Rotora is offering a special discount to forum members. Just mention Xtra to Loren. I make nothing on this, I am just helping out other Edge enthusiast on this site as I love these brakes and you will too.

Thats the info I was looking for, they used your car to fix the rear parking brake info. Prior to your setup you would have lost the parking brake

Thats the info I was looking for, they used your car to fix the rear parking brake info. Prior to your setup you would have lost the parking brake

Yes ,this was an issue in the past ,they have it sorted now. I would have never got them if I had to give up the Parking Brake.

are you tuned? did you go with the brake lines also?

Yes I have the brake lines, they were part of my kit. No, I am not tuned I wish I was. I live where tuning is not allowed except for off road and at the track. I did install a Pedalmax . It does not touch the stock emission settings. It just improves the throttle response and reduces turbo lag. It has a control knob to set it from off to 100% or full. I leave it off most of the time for easy cruzin', but I will use it in traffic in certain situations when I need instant response and better control from the car. It really does makes the car feel like it has more power at low to mid range. The Pedalmax does not make HP you could say it just makes what you have more accessible. The car is certainly much more responsive .The Pedalmax when set at full pulls away from stop lights in a rush with just normal pedal pressure. This give you the feel that you just picked up a whole bunch of HP over stock . Hard to explain it. I just know that it is fun to use, easy to install and return to stock if you want. A definite improvement and worth the bucks. If you are looking for something less than a tune, keeps your computer stock and gives your 2.7L Ecoboost Edge an edge. The Pedalmax works with your stock computer it does not change it. The instructions said that you should not use the Pedalmax with a tune unless the tune accounts for it, the throttle could be to sensitive to use safely.

post-46130-0-50950800-1493527282_thumb.jpg

The red car does have solid steel vented rotors you are correct sir, no drilled allowed. Rotora has its own foundry here in the USA so you have not a clue about any of that.

No clue which was why I asked the questions. Thus you provided the answers. Now start showing video demonstrations of actual use. with stats and numbers to compare the stopping distances against the other aftermarket brands. What people want to know is what is the cost per foot for the increased stopping capabilities. Provide the videos, testing and statistics.

Start tossing out the prices, which have not been mentioned yet. Calling to ask most people look at that as a scam.

Edited by macbwt

Even Rotora admits their rotors are not performance rotors for track use.

Basic OEM Disc: Developed with the same parameters as the original equipment in both quality and finish. For daily driving, basic OEM disc is preferred.

Slotted Disc: Segmented slot pattern for improved pad grip and pedal feel. Cleans away debris between pad and disc. Minimize warpage and brake fade resistance. Ensures maximum heat and gas dissipation. For more severe applications (including SUVs), slotted is preferred.

Drilled & Slotted Disc: Segmented radius drill & slot pattern for improved pad grip and reduce noise. Cleans away debris between pad and disc. Ensures heat and gas dissipation. For street and light track use, drilled & slotted is preferred.

Even Rotora admits their rotors are not performance rotors for track use.

Basic OEM Disc: Developed with the same parameters as the original equipment in both quality and finish. For daily driving, basic OEM disc is preferred.

Slotted Disc: Segmented slot pattern for improved pad grip and pedal feel. Cleans away debris between pad and disc. Minimize warpage and brake fade resistance. Ensures maximum heat and gas dissipation. For more severe applications (including SUVs), slotted is preferred.

Drilled & Slotted Disc: Segmented radius drill & slot pattern for improved pad grip and reduce noise. Cleans away debris between pad and disc. Ensures heat and gas dissipation. For street and light track use, drilled & slotted is preferred.

Go figure it out yourself. Now go commute someplace with your 200,000+mile beaters . I am off to the Fords only show at Knotts Berry Farm in my brand new tricked out Edge Sport with my hot girl friend where I am entered in the show . Over one thousand awesome show Fords will be there and the new 2018 Mustang will be on display. This is the largest Ford only show in the USA.

Edited by Xtra

Go figure it out yourself. Now go commute someplace with your 200,000+mile beaters . I am off to the Fords only show at Knotts Berry Farm in my brand new tricked out Edge Sport with my hot girl friend where I am entered in the show . Over one thousand awesome show Fords will be there and the new 2018 Mustang will be on display. This is the largest Ford only show in the USA.

Wow!!! I'm guessing 17 or 18 years old and going to the Ford show with Mom.:):):)

• Like 3

I am off to the Fords only show at Knotts Berry Farm in my brand new tricked out Edge Sport with my hot girl friend where I am entered in the show . Over one thousand awesome show Fords will be there and the new 2018 Mustang will be on display. This is the largest Ford only show in the USA.

Great now I have to clean coffee off my computer monitors. Great start to my Monday.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hello..... my Edge is a street car and you just answered your own question . As for your demands LOL.

Let's knock off the back and forth.

Xtra - the criticism is well warranted. Please post prices and some kind of test results and leave it at that.

I don't sell these, call Loren at Rotora to get a price and I am not Consumer Reports. I just love them know they are so much better than stock and they look great . I had lots of positive feedback at the show about them .

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1