Reconnect phone every time?

Hard reset of the phone might be a little extreme to start with. I'd suggest to start by unpairing Sync from your phone and unpairing your phone from sync. Restart both phone & vehicle & re-pair them. If still not OK, master reset Sync & re-pair. If still no go, Hard reset the phone.

There may be an option on your phone to confirm every connection. Suggest erasing pairing from both phone and sync then repairing. Be careful when answering the questions wrt confirming connections.

I had this issue a couple of years ago and by selecting not to confirm each connection the issue stopped.

By hard reset I meant force the phone to reboot, not a complete reload.

Then say reboot. Reset implies clearing settings... :thumbsup:

OP, definitely as others have said. Delete the pair relationship on both devices. Repair, and answer questions again.

Also, Unless I missed it, you did not say type/OS of phone?

Edited by Ray Heath Jr

Thanks everyone for your replies... Sorry for not replying sooner…I think I got it working by enabling the "911" feature…Why?…go figure… :shrug: I have not driven my Edge the last few days, but I'll post the results to confirm it's ok or not, but last time I drove it, I remember seeing see the name of my phone on the screen meaning that it's very likely connected correctly now…. I'll post some more results soon.

Claude. ;)

Thanks everyone for your replies... Sorry for not replying soonerI think I got it working by enabling the "911" featureWhy?go figure :shrug:

Make sense, when Sync initializes, it checks for a phone establish a connection to 911. Apparently it wasn't set before to look for your phone.

On mine, if I get in and my phone is off, the systems complains by stating "no phone connected". This will take place about three to five minutes after staring up. Bet it's looking to make a 911 connection.