Cool Accessory - Red Fuel SL161: Works!!

A few months ago I purchased a Red Fuel SL161 lithium ion portable charger and jumper battery. I saw it and I thought it would be a great to add to my on-board bug out kit, and well, because, I wanted it. At the time it was about $50 but now I think they are available for about $35.

www.batterychargers.com/sl161

Comes with a few different cables. The unit itself is about the size of two card decks set side by side. Really small unit. I had not had the chance to use it until a few days ago. I was in a parking lot and an older man and his son were trying to get their mid 60's Chevy (Apache 20 or some such) truck started as the battery had died. I approached them and asked them if they would like to use my charger battery as I had never used it before and was interested to see it work. They said sure and I got it out. Both were VERY skeptical of such a small unit being able to successfully jump the truck. After getting it set up correctly and hooked up, the son tried to start the truck. Darned if it didn't start like it had a new battery in it!! Turned right over and started right up. Both of them (and I) were amazed that such a little unit packed so much punch! At any rate, I was very pleased that it worked so well and so easily. I just ordered an accessory cable that connects to the OBD-II port and acts as a memory saver when replacing a battery.

That's my review. There are a few bad reviews on the website above and I guess that's understandable. I tend to think that some were due to operator error. All I know is that mine works as advertised and when following the directions for use, operates as described.

DISCLAIMER:

I state categorically that I do not work for Schumacher Electric, Red Fuel Brands, or any of its associates, and have no interest in any of it's business activities.

• Like 2