Adding Bluetooth To Stock Radio

Can I add Bluetooth to the stock radio? It is the base radio with Satellite radio. No amp. No sub, no sync. Or, how much is it to add the factory navigation to the car?

Does anyone know of a good quality touchscreen stereo that doesn't cost a lot?

I got an Chinese aftermarket stereo, but the quality if not good, so I am returning it. The stereo advertised it worked with steering wheel controls, but I found out it does not work with CAN bus vehicles (which it did not advertise.)

Thanks,

Ian

Edited by Ianmark

If you're just looking to add Bluetooth for calls and music streaming there are some pretty good options that plug into the 3.5mm auxiliary port. I tried a bunch of them and finally settled on the Kinivo BTC-450 because of it's amazing call quality. Not sure if it's still made but E-bay is loaded with brand new ones. There's lot's of cheaper options if voice quality is not a concern.

If you're just looking to add Bluetooth for calls and music streaming there are some pretty good options that plug into the 3.5mm auxiliary port. I tried a bunch of them and finally settled on the Kinivo BTC-450 because of it's amazing call quality. Not sure if it's still made but E-bay is loaded with brand new ones. There's lot's of cheaper options if voice quality is not a concern.

Thanks fishx65. If the stereo is not on Line-in, do I have to do it manually, or does it do it automatically when the phone rings?

Ian

Edited by Ianmark

Thanks fishx65. If the stereo is not on Line-in, do I have to do it manually, or does it do it automatically when the phone rings?

Ian

You would have to switch it manually. Mine is always set to line in because I'm either listening to music through my phone or on a voice call.

Considering I just got the car, (It's not even licensed yet), I decided to sell it and get a Limited with Sync.

The car only has 140,000km (84,000 miles) and is in excellent condition. I'm sure I can get $7000 for it,

(I only paid $5200.).

Ian

Anyway, the Limited is too expensive for me right now, so I will stick with my SEL. I really want Bluetooth as we have a hands free

law here and I do not want to get a ticket, again.

Has anyone heard about these stereos that fit in the stock opening and run on Android?

It comes with a CAN bus decoder for the steering wheel controls and fits Ford specifically, so the wiring fits without any splicing needed.

I think the only thing needed is an antenna adapter.

Capacitive Digital 1024*600 HD screen

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS,1.6GHz Cortex A9 QUAD Core CPU

Samsung DDR3 1GB RAM and 16GB flash memory

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K7DN1AA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1XIUXH3RI63AO&psc=1

Image1_zpsbucz917g.jpg

There is no user feedback, so it's really only guessing as to how it performs.

Did you also look at this one, just a little more in cost and several answered questions. Should have all the features your looking for.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00UZ7WLAA/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_107_1/139-4416236-6830446?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZY38XVRBN84YRYWKWZBC&dpPl=1&dpID=61To0-j6rJL

Can I add Bluetooth to the stock radio? It is the base radio with Satellite radio. No amp. No sub, no sync. Or, how much is it to add the factory navigation to the car?

Does anyone know of a good quality touchscreen stereo that doesn't cost a lot?

I got an Chinese aftermarket stereo, but the quality if not good, so I am returning it. The stereo advertised it worked with steering wheel controls, but I found out it does not work with CAN bus vehicles (which it did not advertise.)

Thanks,

Ian

Check this out, it adds bluetooth and phone through the speakers.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=1420d

Edited by enigma-2

I decided I wanted GPS, so I returned the Pioneer and got the Blaupunkt San Antonio 640.

I am having a problem with radio reception though. With the stock stereo, I couldn't scan for stations as it wouldn't find any, but I could put in the

station manually and it would be fine.

With the new stereo, I put in the station manually and it is all staticky, really bad reception.

Does the Edge have a problem with it's antenna? Is it a matter of changing the mast, or so I have to change the whole thing?

Does anyone know of a roof mounted antenna that works well?

Thank you,

Ian