JMS PedalMax G2 Edge Sport

Xtra

Just installed a PedalMax on my G2 Edge Sport Ecoboost. The install is very easy and quick with only a 10mm open end wrench needed to disconnect the negative post on the battery. It took me about 7 minutes to install including the control knob. I did not permanently install the control knob I just ran the wire through the tray under the center console and wrapped a loop around the transmission stick and thats where it sits. The cost is around $300 depending if you get the control knob or not. I would recommend the knob as it gives you adjustment of the PedalMax, from off to 100%. Once installed I could tell the defferance instantly, turbo lag was gone and I had tons more bottom end. The car flys off the line now and every touch of the gas pedal is answered instantly. The PedalMax does not mess with the stock computer settings like a tune does and leves no trace that it was ever there when removed. It comes out just as easy as it goes in.

I love the way it unleashes all that horspower instantly and puts me in control of it. After running the PedalMax for a while then turning it off, Off is back to stock settings, I can say that stock has a very disconected feel to it and the turbo lag is disturbing and power takes forever to kick in. Though the PedalMax gives tremendous bottom and mid range it does nothing for top end. It does not increase HP or TQ output it just gives you instant access to it . If you want to make your 315hp G2 Edge Sport feel as though it has 400HP PedalMax is the answer. I would recomend it .
post-46130-0-84317400-1494954855_thumb.jpg
Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

Why not a tune? Then it will actually be a 400HP Edge instead of a wish I was a 400HP Edge.

Ā 

Ā 

I have run a LMS tune and it does not give the same feel that the PedalMax does. The PedalMax responds to the smallest movement of the gas pedal with reduced turbo lag. Though the tune does give you more HP and TQ it does little for turbo lag . The Pedalmax gives instant throttle response something a tune alone does not do. And some people are reluctant to tune a car as it messes with the stock settings and can have warranty issues by leaving a footprint. The PedalMax leaves no footprint.

I can say that on the street the PedalMax is tons of fun. It really makes a positive difference. The LMS tune makes the shifting much harsher and the PedalMax retains the butter smooth stock shifts. When you want power to maneuver it is there, no waiting for boost to build, the car responds to every request effortlessly and instantly. I believe If you get one you will be happy with the results.

Edited by Xtra

Ā 

Whatever the PedalMax does can be done in a tune.

The PedalMax is adjustable on the fly from off to full you can not do that with a tune. And some people don't want to tune their cars.

Edited by Xtra

if you have ever heard of 02 Foulers for people who install long tube headers and have to fool the system that their o2 sensors are still present, pedalmax does basically the same thing, only difference is, your cars internal readings are going to be out of wack, so when you bring it into the dealership they will be able to see the cars log of sensors being off.

• Like 1

if you have ever heard of 02 Foulers for people who install long tube headers and have to fool the system that their o2 sensors are still present, pedalmax does basically the same thing, only difference is, your cars internal readings are going to be out of wack, so when you bring it into the dealership they will be able to see the cars log of sensors being off.

Ā 

Not true acording to JMS. You just made that up about the PedalMax.

Edited by Xtra

Ā 

Not true acording to JMS. You just made that up about the PedalMax.

there's a HUGE discussion about this same product on the fusion page, yes it's gonna improve throttle response as it changes the voltage for the drive by wire and puts it all in the beginning of the pedal depending upon your setting. Though using this and a tune is a better option.

yes it's gonna improve throttle response as it changes the voltage for the drive by wire and puts it all in the beginning of the pedal depending upon your setting. Though using this and a tune is a better option.

Ā 

In this we agree. The effect is better throttle response And I can tell you from experience it is much better than the stock throttle curve. Unless you drive one you will never know how much better. I have run both together a LMS tune and the PedalMax Fun stuff! But for those who don't want to tune their car the PedalMax is a great option.

It doesn't reduce "turbo lag" because it doesn't change the engine parameters. It just fools the system into thinking you hit the pedal harder. The delay is in the pedal itself and/or the software interpreting the pedal response.

Ā 

Besides, there really isn't any turbo lag to speak of with ecoboost engines.

• Like 3

It doesn't reduce "turbo lag" because it doesn't change the engine parameters. It just fools the system into thinking you hit the pedal harder. The delay is in the pedal itself and/or the software interpreting the pedal response.

Ā 

Besides, there really isn't any turbo lag to speak of with ecoboost engines.

Ā 

I can tell you have you never drove a car with one. If you had you would have a different opinion. Though in some ways you are correct, but the reality is turbo lag really is reduced when you have it set at 60 and above. Regardless of how it is accomplished.

I just thought a way to describe the way a PedalMax feels. It is like driving a 300 HP stick shift car in second or third gear with a throttle cable hooked up directly to a Holly carburetor The smallest pedal movement is instantly transmitted into movement. A PedalMax is all about how it makes the car feel, and it is hard to put feelings it into words. You have to try it to understand just what it can do for your G2 Edge Sport. I have it and I was just a skeptical as most of you, but I tell you if you donā€™t want to tune your car I recommend a PedalMax they are Killer Fun!

This guy has to be getting paid. Every post from him has me dieing.

Ā 

I spend thousands of dollars on aftermarket equipment for my G2 Edge Sport and bring good info to this site only to be greeted with a bunch of ignorant jealous comments. I hooked up thousands of dollars of savings on brake upgrades for site members only to be chastised for doing so. What a bunch of haters! If you don't like me thats your problem keep it to yourself! Someone out there is going to benefit from my posts. The reason I know this is because when I recherchƩ for some of these Items I could not find any reviews or real world info on them. So I post this not for you gjb89, but to help others. Not one of the people on this thread has a PedalMax, I am the only one that has one . You don't have one gjb89, so what do you base your I know everything about it attitude on? I will say it again if you are thinking about getting a PedalMax, get one you will be happy with what it does for your driving experience . It leaves no footprint and works with the stock program, unlike a tune that changes the stock program.

Edited by Xtra

Don't get your panties in a wad again. The way you post about these products certainly sounds like a spammer even if you're not.

Ā 

And I'll repeat again - there is not turbo lag in an ecoboost engine. The turbos are small and spin up quickly so you get instant torque. The trade off is it runs out of power at higher rpm. And I've driven one every day for the last 4 years. You can also see it in the torque curve.

Ā 

There is a lag and pedal max and other similar devices do get rid of that lag by essentially tricking the computer about how hard the pedal is being depressed.

Ā 

If you want to use it - fine. Others prefer a tune. That's fine too. Don't get so defensive - it makes your posts that much more suspicious.

My thing is, if you think Fords internal logging can't detect that the throttle angle and voltage don't match, your falling into the marketing trap. Yes this product does exactly what it's designed to do, fool the cars computer system. which is exactly why I mentioned the 02 foulers statement earlier

• Like 2

To refute the claim that nobody else has one... I have one. Or rather, I had one on my Mustang but removed it. It doesn't impact turbo lag despite the manufacturer's claims. What it does is change throttle response by eliminating a built-in lag in throttle response of the drive by wire system (this was deliberately programmed into the system and is not considered a fault). It also ramps up the rate-of-change signal more quickly. That's why even stomping harder on the accelerator still won't produce the same response without the device. The device will give the impression that it changes turbo lag when it's actually changing throttle position sensor lag. Turbo lag is a function of the time it takes to physically wind up the turbine impellers and it simply cannot be changed electrically. As akirby said, turbo lag on Ecoboost engines is small because of the design of the turbos so making the throttle respond quicker gives the impression of reducing turbo lag. As long as you understand what it's doing, it does make a noticeable difference in throttle response so it can be an alternative to tuning if throttle response is the only improvement you're looking for.

Ā 

I removed mine because the throttle response was too quick for use with a stick because it made it very difficult to match engine revs when downshifting. A slight blip of the throttle produced what felt like a disproportionate response. So I went to a tune instead and have been much happier with the overall results. That means I have a PedalMax sitting in my tool box that I would be happy to sell to anyone who's interested. It's supposed to work with all 2011 through 2017 Ford vehicles.

• Like 5

To refute the claim that nobody else has one... I have one.

Hello Wizard, I stated no one on this thread, not this site has one, and I am happy you chimed in. I am using mine on a Edge Sport with a automatic transmission so I do not have the problems you have had with a stick shift. I can say that drivability is improved in my Edge Sport by using the PedalMax, I will continue to use mine. I have used it alone and with a tune. The control knob lets me adjust the PedalMax to the environment that I am driving in. I currently am using both together the PedalMax and a LMS performance tune. I found the stock pedal curve to pedestrian for my taste as I have raced SCCA for years . It was years ago and no longer race but I still know what I prefer in a throttle curve. When I need power for cornering through a canyon, I need it now not 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/8 second later. No matter how you say it turbo lag or throttle lag I donā€™t care, I just want the car to respond to my commands instantly. And the PedalMax works for my needs.

I am currently on my 3rd Ecoboost and I will say with conviction that there is no real turbo lag on Ecoboosts. I have owned the 3.5 and 2.0 prior to my current 2.7. If you think these Ecoboosts have turbo lag, you have never actually driven a vehicle that has real turbo lag which is just about most turbocharged vehicles prior to the Ecoboosts hitting the automotive scene. Examples of vehicles with noticeable lag is the Hyundai Sonata 2.0T, previous gen cruze diesel out of ones I actually test drove. Turbos used to be the realm of enthusiast drivers and big honkin diesel trucks because the general public could never tolerate how turbos traditionally behaved. I feel more of a delay in the drive by wire throttle body than I do from the turbos. If you want to get rid of the fuel economy based calibration for the pedal, you get much quicker response by driving in Sport mode.

• Like 2