Rear Brake Rotor Replacements

The rear rotors on my 16 Sport are getting grooves in them. While I could get them replaced under warranty yet it has been my experience that OEM replacements would just do the same thing.

Who has replaced their rear rotors on a 15+ and not had any issues with grooves or uneven wear? Basically looking for someone with the same experience to chime in and let me know what rear rotors are not going to fall victim to the same type of wear. I don't need drilled/slotted, just normal ones are fine.

Thanks

• Like 1

I recently noticed some quite deep grooves on the rears as well; fronts seem fine. 2015 with 27 000 km (close to 17 000 miles).

Ford dealer does a complete car check on oil change. I now realize, after verifying all work orders since purchase, that they all indicate "brake check not done".

Not what I expected.

jmr0061 - I'm interested in your comment about "I could get them replaced under warranty".Won't the answer be "normal wear & tear" ?

Covered up to 12 months/18,000 miles on a 2016 but OEM are junk and will just do the same so not going to go that route. I need to change the oil anyway so while I have it lifted I'll do the rotors too. :)

Edited by jmr061

I wasn't able to find anything aftermarket that actually fits the sport since we have slightly bigger rotors. Same goes for the pads. Powerstop has a kit that they say fits the 15 sport but when I tried installing it the rotors were 1 inch too big for the rear and 1 inch to small for the front, the widths were also off. We're stuck with OEM or the Rotora kit for now. There is some stuff from EBC and Stoptech that looked like it might fit but not 100% sure.

Rockauto would be best place to find OEM equivalent rotors aswell (had none at the time).

Rockauto Link : http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2016,edge,2.7l+v6+turbocharged,3330846,brake+&+wheel+hub,rotor,1896

Looks like there is replacements now, not sure on dimensions though.

Note for others: When searching for kits sometimes use 2016 as the year instead of 2015 if you own a 2015 because for some reason 2015 sport still includes Gen 1 edges which have different rotor sizes. Even though sites specify it fits the 15 edge sport with the 2.7L. (applies for non sports too)

See : http://www.tdotperformance.ca/2015-ford-edge-parts/performance-parts/brakes?part_type_filter_multi%5B0%5D=8658&pl=1

Edited by Beezz
  • Like 1

Interested in what you found for a 2016 non sport. I can't find pads or rotors anywhere. I've mainly stuck with brands I'm familiar with like powerstop, centric, hawk, etc.

EDIT:

Just re looked up everything again & they appear to be making rotors for the '16 non sports now. Couldn't find anything a few months ago

Edited by lildisco

Yeah 2 months back there was nothing for the Gen 2's besides OEM. But double checked after I posted and it looks like Rockauto has ones that fit the Gen 2 now. The link shows that there are all sorts of rotors and pads now. The tdotperformance link shows there are kits, but the dimensions dont match with the 15+ Gen 2's

• 2 weeks later...

Don't order the Bosch rotors. They say part # 20010394 is for the 16 Edge....well the bolt pattern is wrong and the diameter is too big. Waiting for a call back from Bosch to get it correct hopefully. If I would have recalled when I was researching the part # it said it fit the Taurus too....from experience I know the Taurus and Edge have different bolt patterns but of course at the time it didn't register in my mind.

Got a call back...mistake in their application catalog. They don't make any that fit. NICE!!!

Edited by jmr061

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...