Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone ever buy their Edge after lease end?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mikula

Mikula

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 252 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Good choice! Nice to get into the current (and last) Grand Cherokee that's still built on the Mercedes ML chassis.

learn something new every day!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   RJG

RJG

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

I bought ours at lease end.......knew the car, the history, how it was maintained, low miles garage kept, etc. 

But not sure I should have. 

The better the lease deal, the less likely it's a good deal to buy. Your residual might be above it's value at lease end. I think I paid over it's value just to get the car I knew. So do your math. 

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#23 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 844 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

Was able to land a good deal for the Grand Cherokee.  Picked her up yesterday.  Will probably be selling my WeatherTech (Front/Rear) mats and Yakima Q-Tower/Q-Clips (roof rack base) from the Edge in the coming weeks.

2mXjsKRl.jpg

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and omar302 like this

#24 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,734 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Congrats on the new, hope you enjoy it.

#25 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Congrats on the new, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

One thing I will for sure miss is the ride of the Edge.  It felt more like a car than an SUV.  Loved the throttle response and shifting.  Felt very smooth to me.

The GC has these automatic eco settings engaged which are manually disengaged each time you start it.  Also, the 'Auto Stop' thing where it shuts the engine off when stopped.  It is annoying and has to be manually disengaged after each start.  There is a hack you can buy that plugs in to the vehicle that'll remember the settings.  But wish Jeep just allowed that to be disabled via the settings.

So far that is my only complaint.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and omar302 like this

#26 OFFLINE   TheWizard

TheWizard

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

I've heard that Chrysler/Jeep's UConnect is head and shoulders above other infotainment systems... have you found it to be as good as they say?

#27 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:07 PM

I've heard that Chrysler/Jeep's UConnect is head and shoulders above other infotainment systems... have you found it to be as good as they say?

Disclaimer. I'm coming from the Sync (2?) system in my '15 Edge and the Sync system in my '11 Mustang.  I can't compare this to Sync 3.

So far I really like it.  It is FAST.  Typing stuff in to the text areas is super quick.  It is easy to find things, to make changes, etc.  Since Sirius/XM is free I'm using that again and the way you can browse through it is awesome.  And the ability to block channels so they don't even show up while scrolling is awesome.  If Sync 3 isn't a huge leap from Sync 2....then this infotainment system is definitely better.  It is like comparing a cheap chinese knockoff android based tablet from 2005 to a new iPad Pro.

The UConnect thing is cool.  I can remote start, lock/unolock, locate my car, and have my car honk it's horn from my PC or phone. 

Android Auto is OK.  Probably the same in Sync.  Not a fan of it taking over my phone.  But it will be handy when I'm trying to navigate somewhere that I found on my phone.  Just plug it in the USB and the google maps Navi pops up on the screen.  It'll do Waze too.  UConnect allows you to send a destination to your car from your phone also.  I HATED using the Nav in Sync.  So slow to type things in.  With this one I don't think I'd mind because of how fast it is to respond.

#28 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,499 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Saw one at the Washington International Auto Show.  Looks very nice!

Attached Files

#29 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,386 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Sync 3 has been rated higher than Uconnect in the reviews I’ve read. Sync 3 is fast and easier to navigate than MFT. The only issue I’ve had is the nav volume comes on too high even after you turn it down but that might have already been corrected.

#30 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Another thing I'll miss is the keypad entry.  That really does come in handy when I would run out to the car to grab something and I forgot my fob.  I probably used that a few times a week.

With Uconnect Go I do have the option to unlock from my phone, but that doesn't really solve the problem.  AND it can take 30 seconds for the unlock to actually happen.

Not sure why other manufacturers don't use keypads.

#31 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Not sure why other manufacturers don't use keypads.

Me, either.  It's always been a mystery.   I'm sure the patents have expired by now considering they've been available for over 20 years.

I think Nissan used it on a couple of vehicles about 10 years ago.

#32 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

Welp she was turned in today.  I really enjoyed her while I had her and it'll make a nice used car for the next owner.  She was very well taken care of.  I took out my WeatherTech mats, vacuumed, and threw in the original mats.  Looks like the day it rolled off the line.

I'll probably be posting the mats for sale in the classified section and that'll be all for me here.

To all that have helped with questions....thanks.  Great community here.  You may see me in the future when it is time for my next ride.  Still own my Mustang so will always be a Ford guy.

Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users