H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

I saw in some of your older pictures, it looks like you have aftermarket rotors and calipers? What brand did you wind up getting and how do you like them? Its getting around that time to replace my brakes and I've been thinking about just going all out.

I saw in some of your older pictures, it looks like you have aftermarket rotors and calipers? What brand did you wind up getting and how do you like them? Its getting around that time to replace my brakes and I've been thinking about just going all out.

he has the Rotora Big Brake Kit, right now on the Fusion Group (same kit) they are doing a group buy. It's like $2,300 for the fronts I believe

• Like 1

Ā 

I have Rotora's High-Performance Street Challenge Brake System. BBK Big Brake Kits are made by Stoptech an budget brand that has no brakes to fit your Edge. I guess you could use also use BBK to describe aftermarket Brakes in general . My front brakes are 380mm around 15 inch drilled disc with 6 piston calipers and the rears are 350mm drilled disc about 14 inch with 4 piston calipers . I love them, the drilled rotors work great, but they do make a little noise compared to stock. Rotora also offers a slotted disc. My brakes offer more braking power, better control and less fade, they have yet to fade on me, and are way better looking than stock. Contact Loren at Rotora about Edge Sport Brake Kits they -Are Not the same kit as the Fusion -, though a lot of the parts are interchangeable. Tell Loren Extra sent you from this forum and you will receive a discount ! I receive nothing, I just hooked up forum members for a discount :) . Rotora keeps the stock Electric Parking Brake and Anti Lock Brake function in tact.

Edited by Xtra

Just a note on the Video... No LMS or PedalMax used, stock OEM tune. Only H&R Springs and Rotora Brakes.

Ā 

Forgot to tell you all that the transmission was in Sport mode and I did not paddle shift it, I let the car shift itself.

Soooooo today I had my H&K springs installed. I love them! :yahoo: I only put about 25 miles on them this afternoon but my initial impression is that they feel a little more supple than stock during everyday driving. I've experienced no squat on hard acceleration and as stated by Xtra, they do firm up quick in the twisties. Over bumpy roads, the car feels more compliant and settled. I don't feel jarred nor do I cringe when hitting bumps; all is good. I will update this thread when I get a few hundred miles on the springs, but so far, I couldn't be happier with my decision. Before and after pics for your perusal.

Ā 

edgebefore.jpg

Ā 

edgeafter.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! I had a local shop do the install. $400 and 4 hours later, life is good. It took them a minute to figure out to drop the subframe. I saw they were having trouble and mentioned it to be good idea, they took my advice and were finished soon after. I went out for another quick run about this evening and I still love it. I feel besides the tune, it's the best thing I've done to the car.

• Like 3

It took them a minute to figure out to drop the subframe. I saw they were having trouble and mentioned it to be good idea,

subframe drop is such a pleasure, omg...I fought one side for hours and finally got it out. then after I got it out, I remembered the subframe...so much easier, literally took 30 mins to pull my drivers side spring out and button everything back up.

Ā 

I have abour 3k on my springs now.

• Like 1

So I am reading that new springs are the only way to stiffen the ride and cut down on body roll and float at highway speeds. Okay, I can do that.

Ā 

But what if I don't want to alter the stance and appearance? I want the ride control w/o the lowering?

Ā 

Can this be had?

there's one other option that nobody has tried yet. maybe you can be the test mule. since you aren't lowered it will be a good test.

Ā 

seller is legit as he's also a member of FEWW, just don't pay attention to model years listed, they go by build dates

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2016-Ford-Edge-Lincoln-MKX-2nd-SUV-Strut-Tower-Chassis-Bar-Brace-Ladder-Set-/122084222697

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 2

This is a performance kit designed to stiffen the body /chassis of the car and make it handle better. The car will still look stock and ride at the stock height but will handle better.

The front strut tower bar, also known as a strut brace or strut tower brace, is a pretty common upgrade on many cars and many cars come with one from the factory. ... Strut bars are designed to tie the tops of your struts together, to reduce chassis flex which improves handling, acceleration and braking.

The rear lower bar looks like a type of sway bar for the rear end.

When it comes to sway bars (also known as anti-roll bars, stabilizer bars), the common misconception is that their sole purpose is to keep the body of the vehicle from rolling to one side during a tight turn. While that is true, sway bars do more for your carā€™s handling than you might think.When a vehicle has excessive body roll, the majority of its weight is shifted to the outer tires during a turn, causing less weight to sit on the inner tires. Lateral grip is something you donā€™t want to sacrifice. A sway barā€™s purpose is to keep suspension movements relative throughout turns. This means that when the vehicle makes a right turn, the left side of the vehicleā€™s suspension will compress similarly to the right side, keeping more weight on the inner tires.

The Lower Right and Left Arms look to stiffen the body at a week point and the Front Lower Ladder Bar stiffens up the front of the car. It looks like a good complete kit. It should make your car handle better without changing the springs, or ride height.

This might be a good idea as a next step for me as my car has the Panoramic roof and cutting a big hole in the roof can definitely affect stiffness. I wonder if Ford braces the Panoramic roof cars like they do some convertibles ?

Edited by Xtra

So I am reading that new springs are the only way to stiffen the ride and cut down on body roll and float at highway speeds. Okay, I can do that.

Ā 

But what if I don't want to alter the stance and appearance? I want the ride control w/o the lowering?

Ā 

Can this be had?

So the kit is one option, another way is firmer shocks . New Shock Absorbers might do what you want. You can get adjustable shocks and tune the ride to your taste. To stiff and you will have a buckboard ride.

Edited by Xtra

Lincoln Drive Control lets you choose Normal, Sport, or Comfort mode on all-wheel-drive LINCOLN MKXs. Adaptive shock absorbers help the LINCOLN MKX ride with impressive composure, even in Sport mode on harsh pavement. Perhaps Some Lincoln MKX parts will work for you. I checked on line and there are several shocks available for the G2 Edge, finding the correct ones for the ride you want will be a challenge.

Edited by Xtra

I think you need to share these sits because only thing I seem to find is cheap kyb/monroe/motorcraft as the only options across various sites on the net

Ā 

Like I said ..checked on line and there are several shocks available for the G2 Edge. You just listed 3 of them. I also found Summit Racing struts and Gabriel. That is a total of 5 possibilities and that is more than a few.

I did not say I found the best high end ultimate aftermarket shocks and struts for the Edge at several sites.

I wish there were more performance parts available for our cars.

Does Koni or Bilstein have struts and shocks for the Edge? .. No...

Edited by Xtra

there's one other option that nobody has tried yet. maybe you can be the test mule. since you aren't lowered it will be a good test.

Ā 

seller is legit as he's also a member of FEWW, just don't pay attention to model years listed, they go by build dates

Ā 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2016-Ford-Edge-Lincoln-MKX-2nd-SUV-Strut-Tower-Chassis-Bar-Brace-Ladder-Set-/122084222697

Ā 

Ā 

Just bought this on Amazon for $113 less than what Ebay sells it for. Thanks for the heads up on this product. We will see how it fits.

Ā 

post-46130-0-84319900-1496383301_thumb.jpg

Ā 

https://www.amazon.com/FULL-KITS-STRUT-BRACE-2015-2016/dp/B01NBIAXU5/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1496363017&vehicle=2016-54-5858-------------0&sr=1-4-fkmr2&ymm=2016%3Aford%3Aedge&keywords=2016+Ford+Edge++Strut+Tower++Brace

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2

I've known the guy for about 2 years now it seems, just never got around to ordering. We still chat quite often

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Ā 

I can (and do) take freeway on-ramps at nearly the same speed as my FZ-09. It's amazing.

You bet, it is amazing for a crossover, I have yet to find the limits as I have not had it on a track .. yet! . The car has stopped pushing into corners ..understeer has been reduced.

Edited by Xtra