2011 Edge Bluetooth Module Failing

I have recently been having my iPhone SE phone connect and disconnect randomly from MFT. I only have this issue in the car, so I don't think its the phone. I have already unpaired and repaired my phone various times with MFT.

Does anyone know if there is a single standalone Bluetooth radio/module that I could replace? Or would the Bluetooth radio be a part of the APIM, ACM, or other module?

Try to test another phone before deciding it is a fault from the car. Do you have the latest update on MFT? Did you try to Master Reset MFT? Was your phone recently updated? may be that update isn't fully compatible, though I wouldn't think so.

• Like 2

I have been having the same issues recently and am in the belief it is the android BT system in the phone that is having issues. The reason I have this opinion is when I check the file sharing section for connections in the phone the android BT will not allow me to connect the media (phone) part through the MFT. I select it and it deselects it.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1

Im pretty certain its not my phone. It stays connected just fine with other bluetoooth devices and even in my wife's Nissan Quest.

Last night, I pulled the fuse (#29) and let MFT reboot. When it came back, I then did the MFT Master Reset through the System menu. I hope this was enough to clear any remaining Bluetooth gremlins, otherwise Im going to start looking for the Bluetooth radio/module.

I was still having issues with a repeated failing Bluetooth connection, so I performed a few upgrades to my both my iPhone SE and to MFT Sync. I am now running iOS 10.3.2 (I had the most recent previous version), but figured why not update it. I also am now running Sync2 v3.10 - which I downloaded from the Explorer forums. I'm hoping that the new Sync version and iOS will both provide a better connection. On a 20 minute drive this evening, I did not notice one disconnect, whereas before I would have at seen my phone pairing/unpairing at least 3-5 times.

Time will tell.