Rear Emblem Removal

Hey everyone,

I just ordered new billet blackout badges for the front and back of my Edge. I know to remove the front, I have to drop the bumper and get behind the grille to pop the clips, but for the back, is it just double sided tape holding the badge on or are there screws/clips holding that on as well? I've tried using a heat gun and flat butter knife to pry it off but I don't want to pull any harder with the fear of breaking or cracking something. Has anyone removed their badges and maybe have some advice?

Thanks!

Edited by zweber1

Hey everyone,

I just ordered new billet blackout badges for the front and back of my Edge. I know to remove the front, I have to drop the bumper and get behind the grille to pop the clips, but for the back, is it just double sided tape holding the bade on or are there screws/clips holding that on as well? I've tried using a heat gun and flat butter knife to pry it off but I don't want to pull meh harder with the fear of breaking or cracking something. Has anyone removed their badges and maybe have some advice?

Thanks!

Sorry I can't help much with the removal question (I have the same question actually). I'm also looking for front and rear blackout badges - could you share where you got/are getting yours from? I'm having the hardest time finding them for the Edge - everyone has F-150s, 250s, etc..

One method I remember reading is using fishing line or dental floss (after getting one edge up). I also read that yes, the rear is adhesive only - no clips or screws (but I can't verify)...

Thanks!

Edited by Sport17

Sorry I can't help much with the removal question (I have the same question actually). I'm also looking for front and rear blackout badges - could you share where you got/are getting yours from? I'm having the hardest time finding them for the Edge - everyone has F-150s, 250s, etc..

One method I remember reading is using fishing line or dental floss (after getting one edge up). I also read that yes, the rear is adhesive only - no clips or screws (but I can't verify)...

Thanks!

https://www.realtruck.com/defenderworx-billet-tailgate-emblems/

These are the ones that I got. Gloss blackout emblems.

https://www.realtruck.com/defenderworx-billet-tailgate-emblems/

These are the ones that I got. Gloss blackout emblems.

Do you have a link to the exact part number that you got? That link is just a main page that shows several emblems.. I was looking at those very emblems (nice) but they're all listed as F150/Raptor/Expedition badges.. How did you find the badges for the Edge? I've heard that the Edge uses the same as the F150 for the front (9") but I also heard that the F150 is 9.5".. Also, the F-150 is the same size front/rear but the Edge is 5" rear... It has been frustrating to say the least trying to figure out which badge I need..

Oh, just to be clear - what year is your Edge? Mine is a 2017 - I think the badge changed for the 2015+ model years.. Again, not sure of that..

Do you have a link to the exact part number that you got? That link is just a main page that shows several emblems.. I was looking at those very emblems (nice) but they're all listed as F150/Raptor/Expedition badges.. How did you find the badges for the Edge? I've heard that the Edge uses the same as the F150 for the front (9") but I also heard that the F150 is 9.5".. Also, the F-150 is the same size front/rear but the Edge is 5" rear... It has been frustrating to say the least trying to figure out which badge I need..

Oh, just to be clear - what year is your Edge? Mine is a 2017 - I think the badge changed for the 2015+ model years.. Again, not sure of that..

The way realtruck.com works, is you fill in your vehicle specifications and it gives you parts that specifically fit that model. I have a 14 Sport, mainly because I liked the older body style more than the new, not taking anything away from the new body style, they're still awesome. I also wish my year had an ecoboost option but it didn't so for now I'm working with naturally aspirated. But yeah, fill in your vehicle specs and it will feed you parts that fit your vehicle. The link I sent you is still the link to the emblems I purchased. Defenderworx billet blackout emblems. You have options for a finish as well, but don't forget to fill in vehicle specifications to make sure it fits yours.

Also, I removed the rear badge today and put the new badge on...looks amazing. I'll post before and after pics. All I did was heat it with a hairdryer for about 5/10 minutes then, wrapped a butter knife with a towel to pry it off. Be careful not to scratch your paint. I don't know how it works with the 17, but mine also had little pins on the back to make sure that the badge was lined up, so watch out for that, they weren't clips though just pins. The replacement badge, however, didn't have the pins, only sticky tape.

Edited by zweber1

The way realtruck.com works, is you fill in your vehicle specifications and it gives you parts that specifically fit that model. I have a 14 Sport, mainly because I liked the older body style more than the new, not taking anything away from the new body style, they're still awesome. I also wish my year had an ecoboost option but it didn't so for now I'm working with naturally aspirated. But yeah, fill in your vehicle specs and it will feed you parts that fit your vehicle. The link I sent you is still the link to the emblems I purchased. Defenderworx billet blackout emblems. You have options for a finish as well, but don't forget to fill in vehicle specifications to make sure it fits yours.

Also, I removed the rear badge today and put the new badge on...looks amazing. I'll post before and after pics. All I did was heat it with a hairdryer for about 5/10 minutes then, wrapped a butter knife with a towel to pry it off. Be careful not to scratch your paint. I don't know how it works with the 17, but mine also had little pins on the back to make sure that the badge was lined up, so watch out for that, they weren't clips though just pins. The replacement badge, however, didn't have the pins, only sticky tape.

Yeah, I tried that... Put in my vehicle info and they came back with 1 (ONE) product - a Texas A and M badge... Hehe.. See attached (this is literally the ONLY match for a 2017 Ford Edge).....

post-46517-0-30779700-1495847636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sport17
  • Like 1

Yeah, I tried that... Put in my vehicle info and they came back with 1 (ONE) product - a Texas A and M badge... Hehe.. See attached (this is literally the ONLY match for a 2017 Ford Edge).....

What do you mean, you don't want an A&M badge on your car?..

Well the only other thing I could say is measure the length of your badges and order accordingly.

• 2 months later...

I finally decided to try and remove my rear emblem. I used a small plastic prying tool and started at the bottom and made my way around slowly and carefully. I really wasn't concerned if I damaged the original emblem, but be careful not to scuff the surround. Here is a video I took of what it looks like.

• Like 3