H&R wheel spacers

zweber1

I have H&R springs on my BMW, but went with http://www.motorsport-tech.com for my 'ADAPTORS'.This is a company that 'makes 'hub centric' to order adaptors'.

Its very important to know all your specs before ordering. What model Edge do you have, what are the wheel/tire sizes, are you sticking with the stockers? You will most likely have to cut the stock studs flush with the adaptors for the wheel to fit flush with the adaptors. Some aftermarket wheels have divits where the stock studs can fit into, but don't think thats the case on oem wheels, not mine.

I have an 2012 Explorer Limited, with Edge Sport 22'' wheels running 285/40 tires.

The wheels are nine inch wide but were still not flush with the fender. I ordered F 3/4", R 1.0"

IMG_2753_zpsmsy0boma.jpeg

image_zpswkd1glkp.png

IMG_1778_zpssz2tmzs1.jpeg

Edited by JETZ
  • Like 1

I have H&R springs on my BMW, but went with http://www.motorsport-tech.com for my 'ADAPTORS'.This is a company that 'makes 'hub centric' to order adaptors'.

Its very important to know all your specs before ordering. What model Edge do you have, what are the wheel/tire sizes, are you sticking with the stockers? You will most likely have to cut the stock studs flush with the adaptors for the wheel to fit flush with the adaptors. Some aftermarket wheels have divits where the stock studs can fit into, but don't think thats the case on oem wheels, not mine.

I have an 2012 Explorer Limited, with Edge Sport 22'' wheels running 285/40 tires.

The wheels are nine inch wide but were still not flush with the fender. I ordered F 3/4", R 1.0"IMG_2753_zpsmsy0boma.jpeg

image_zpswkd1glkp.png

IMG_1778_zpssz2tmzs1.jpeg

So you had to modify your OEM 22" Edge wheels to get the wheels to fit on the spacers or had to modify the hubs? I have a 14 Edge Sport with the same wheels. Either way I wasn't really looking to to have to modify anything significantly. Trying to stick with mostly bolt on parts for when resell inevitably happens.

Who makes the flat wheel spacers for our cars with the right 63.4 hub? I have some 22" strada wheels with a 40 offset and the correct hub centric ring cause the wheel hub is 72.6 and the spoke wheel is very close to the caliper. I need a 3mm spacer and ill be good to go

The last pic shows the cut studs flush with the 'adapter'. 'Spacers' are disks in different thickness that are slipped onto the studs up to 'I think' a thickness of 3/8", but you would have to install longer studs. Call Motorsport Tech, ask for 'Lenny' for all the facts. So going a1/2" wider, up to I'd say 3/4" max will involve what I mentioned. Going wider will make you wheels/tires stick out past your fenders which looks cheesy, plus in bad weather will sling crap along both sides of your car! The only other way to make a wider track is to buy new wider wheels.

fbbacd5b-153e-41d5-9670-d7635a28813b_zps

Too Thick Makes Them Stick Out...not cool!

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/22037-wheel-spacers/

So you had to modify your OEM 22" Edge wheels to get the wheels to fit on the spacers or had to modify the hubs? I have a 14 Edge Sport with the same wheels. Either way I wasn't really looking to to have to modify anything significantly. Trying to stick with mostly bolt on parts for when resell inevitably happens.

Edited by JETZ
  • Like 1

How bout getting the 'correct' wheel/tire/adapter setup in the first place, unless of course if someone is going for that 'red neck' look they won't need those fender flares.

Unfortunately your $400 quick fix idea won't fly cause it is a Edge we're talking about, not a pickup truck...they don't make them. ?

There's always these if you want that stick out to not stick out

http://www.jcwhitney.com/bushwacker-pocket-style-fender-flares/p2008746.jcwx

I was just looking for wheel adaptors/spacers to make my wheels flush with the fender without having to cut my studs, if I want to take them off in the future I don't want to have to deal with now cut studs on my hubs..

Edited by zweber1
  • Like 1

I second motor sport, Lenny made me 30mm spacers/adapters and it was quality I have about 7000 miles on them with the factory sport wheels. you get lifetime warranty with motorsport and American made H&R I don't think they come with lifetime warranty. I did have to cut my studs about 1/3 and inch. I have photos in another thread about spacers/adapters

I second motor sport, Lenny made me 30mm spacers/adapters and it was quality I have about 7000 miles on them with the factory sport wheels. you get lifetime warranty with motorsport and American made H&R I don't think they come with lifetime warranty. I did have to cut my studs about 1/3 and inch. I have photos in another thread about spacers/adapters

Yup, that would be the thread linked earlier that started the banter about wheels sticking out too far and perhaps needing add-on fender flares. :whistling:

(emoji added to clarify things :) )

Edited by TheWizard

yea I would not go any larger than I have. I don't get any mud fling and knock on wood my suspension does not show any faster wear no vibration only bad thing they are not slip on slip off once you commit and cut your studs your stuck with them. Only advice is putting antiseize the copper type between spacer(aluminum) and hub(steel) to avoid bonding through corrosion. The suspension feels very roley like the old crystaler New Yorker