Dead camera on my 2011

Hi, I read all threads about replacing dead camera on edge, the how to is know known, thank you all!

Only thing that is bugging me is the camera price jump which is ridiculous... think ford found a way to make their numbers $$$

I found out that F150 in the 12-14 and some Lincoln camera have the same form factor and still at a fair price. Anyone tried another ford\Lincoln vehicle camera to fit on edge? I'm guessing that they should not be much different besides maybe connector pinout.

I have yet to install it but my camera on my 2012 died (for a bit...but now it works?) so I bought a camera from a 2016 Edge for $60, and it looks exactly the same as the 2011-2014 camera, so I am sure it will work. Much better than the $250 to $350 I was seeing for the older ones.

@zrt8355 cool!! I hear ya, 60$ is a deal compared to 300+ :) keep us posted to know if it works or not.

I did called Ford service today and asked them the question, without any surprise they admit that many Ford\Lincoln cameras share the same form factor but they have no clue if we could use any on different vehicles.

The one I was looking to buy is FL1T-19G490-AC, the edge part number is BT4Z-19G490-B, I do think that the 4 first digit relate to vehicle model# used for their BOM. I doubt that the camera have more then video signal processing hardware into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed a F2GZ-19G490-A tonight (2016 model) on my 2011 Edge.

I paid $82 for mine from Levittown.

It looks identical and fired right up the first time it was supposed to where the old one was hit or miss.

I still need to recalibrate it tomorrow but the backup guides came on when I put the car in reverse.

So far so good...

• Like 3

The calibration threw an error... away from my notes but I think it was B115E. Not sure if I can fix it with FORScan but it looks like it maybe possible.

There's also a chance I have something else keeping the calibration from completing.

Right now I have fixed guidelines in reverse but no blocks.

I'll try to work on it a bit more tonight.

Edited by jtclark
  • Like 2