Exterior Key Pad - No code...

So took possession today but the son of the P.O. didn't know what code his mom had set up for the exterior keypad. Is this something I will need to go to the dealer to get sorted out? I'll need to go there anyhow once I get my new keys to have them programmed to it anyhow. It's a 2014 SEL.

So took possession today but the son of the P.O. didn't know what code his mom had set up for the exterior keypad. Is this something I will need to go to the dealer to get sorted out? I'll need to go there anyhow once I get my new keys to have them programmed to it anyhow. It's a 2014 SEL.

You will need the factory set door code to be able to add/edit/remove any user programmed codes. The dealer should be able to provide this for you.

• Like 1

There should be a card with the code on it in a plastic pocket in the back of your owner's manual.

If it's missing, it's located on a sticker under the instrument cluster. The code is a 4 digit code and also has a barcode on the sticker.

So once I get that I can program my own?

I remember on my F150 that if you had both original keys you could insert one key turn it on then off , insert 2nd key turn it on and it would display the code briefly. Not sure how you would do that with push button though. I know that probably doesn't help you but there might be another way also.

I saw a video on youtube that says if you take the two keys with the IA system and put one in the slot inside the center console and cycle to on and then off without putting your foot on the brake and then take the second key and do the exact same it should come up. I can not test this theory because I do not currently have my car.

You can also lock all doors by pressing the 4/5 and the 9/0 together. You can unlock all doors by using the code and adding a 2/7 to the end of the code.

That should be 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time. And unlock all doors by adding a 3/4 to the end.

So anyone would lock it if it's unlocked if they press 4/5 and 9/0 together? You don't need the code?

Correct. Think about it - if the vehicle is unlocked then anyone can open the door, press the door lock button and close it. This is just a shortcut.

Unless the fob is inside the vehicle, then you need the code to lock it.

Edited by akirby

Even with the fob inside it will lock with 7/8 & 9/0, no code required for locking.

My bad - I thought you had to enter the code for that. FWIW that has never worked on my Fusion. I wonder if my 9/0 button is faulty. I'll have to test it again on the MKX. I usually have the other fob and use that to leave the other one in the vehicle.