20" to 21" wheels, do I need to reprogram my odometer?

roots57

I changed my 245-50-20 wheels/tires to 265-40-21 and the 21" tires are slightly smaller in diameter so technically my odometer is now slightly off, only by about 1%, but that will add up over time. Is there a setting to adjust for your tire size to make sure the miles driven are registering accurately on my odometer?

Not only that but not all tires are actually the same size, despite what's printed on the side of them. Variation from one tire model to the next even in the same size is likely to be more than 1%. So unless you've actually measured your exact tires, you really don't know what the real difference is. it could be 1% the other way.

Well then, it is a good thing that I cannot afford the $2.5M pricetag for the Bugatti Veyron. For a vehicle like the Edge Sport, the cost of 21's are pretty insane. I am getting ready to move to rural Eastern KY and am considering getting a set of 18's with all terrain tires. They are a fraction of the cost of replacement 21's which will continue to serve during the seasons when it isn't snowing or icing.

Post a link to those $700 apiece tires!

Tirerack doesn't show them.

if you are gonna run the OEM 21in tire size then no, you don't...Good luck on them 21s tho. 21in tires I want are almost $700 a piece. No way I'm paying $2,800. just in tires!

They have since gone down. But I wouldn't ride on a 600+ UTQG rating if paying out my own pocket. So I would never buy the Verde's listed. Shit I was looking for Mickey Thompsons for my own car. I never said ALL 21s are $700. I said the ones I WANT are

Capture.png

So where is the $700 apiece tire??????

IMG_2773_zpsnexezyto.jpeg

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 2

"...but that's killing performance".

What performance are you speaking of??? Are you burying the Edge in tire smoke cause the stock tires arent 'hooking' ? ???

I like to get my power to the ground so I'm not running a hard compound tire, some of you might like that 600+ treadwear rating but thats killing performance

http://www.dunloptires.com/en-US/tires/sp-sport-01-tires?ub=Y&updatecase=passivelyStored&action=save&webprodid=269&productcode=26502232100000

You were looking at Mickeys cause your car makes 800hp? ?

...and you want 21's designed for a 'Bentley' because...???

They have since gone down. But I wouldn't ride on a 600+ UTQG rating if paying out my own pocket. So I would never buy the Verde's listed. Shit I was looking for Mickey Thompsons for my own car. I never said ALL 21s are $700. I said the ones I WANT areCapture.png

Edited by JETZ

You were looking at Mickeys cause your car makes 800hp?

...and you want 21's designed for a 'Bentley' because...???

what they are designed for is irrelevant, it's the fact they fit a need. Trying to transfer almost 400 ft lbs of tq is not an easy fwd feat and when the first 1.5 seconds of a 0-60 run is nothing but spinning, yes you need tires that actually perform and hook instead of spinning and sliding with the torque steer. The OEM Hankooks at like a 660 rating were trash, my current Toyo Proxes are amazing compared to them.

Purchased 2017 Forde Edge Sport on May 19, 2017 with the $995 21-inch wheels option upgrade. The ride is too hard for my body as my job can have me upwards of 10 hours a day driving. Am seriously looking to get rid of these for 18's or 19's. I know the looks won't be as sweet, but oh well. Changing the Pirelli to Michelin isn't an option as Michilen only have 20K miles warranty and are $278 x 4 .... and I put 27-30K a year driving. Anybody near Sacramento CA who has 20-inch and want to swap? I'd rather go that route first and see if any perceivable ride difference before coughing up money for new rims.

The harsh ride might be attributed to the Sport suspension as much or more so than the tires. I went from a 2015 Edge Titanium AWD to the 2017 Edge Sport with the standard 20" wheels and I can really feel the difference. I suspect the suspension is the major contributor to the ride quality.

The harsh ride might be attributed to the Sport suspension as much or more so than the tires. I went from a 2015 Edge Titanium AWD to the 2017 Edge Sport with the standard 20" wheels and I can really feel the difference. I suspect the suspension is the major contributor to the ride quality.

don't read too much into sport suspension. The harsh ride is due to lack of sidewall, anytime wheel size increases and sidewall decreases your ride is going to suffer no matter what suspension you have

Purchased 2017 Forde Edge Sport on May 19, 2017 with the $995 21-inch wheels option upgrade. The ride is too hard for my body as my job can have me upwards of 10 hours a day driving. Am seriously looking to get rid of these for 18's or 19's. I know the looks won't be as sweet, but oh well. Changing the Pirelli to Michelin isn't an option as Michilen only have 20K miles warranty and are $278 x 4 .... and I put 27-30K a year driving. Anybody near Sacramento CA who has 20-inch and want to swap? I'd rather go that route first and see if any perceivable ride difference before coughing up money for new rims.

I got some 19 titanium rims and tires. From a 2016.