Why TWO usb ports?

In my '16 titanium, there are not one but two usb ports. I tried playing music from a flash drive and both seemed to work the same.

1° I was wondering what's the use for TWO of them? :shrug:

2° What happens if I use two flash drives? :headscratch:

I don't know if I can charge a phone with them but when I do, I use the charger which comes with the phone and plug it into the 12v. outlets (cigarette lighter type outlets)

Claude. ;)

Most people use a USB cable to charge their phones. Two USB ports is nice to have for that.

Can't say I've got much 12v stuff left.

Thanks Mike for your reply…However, I still wonder what happens if I plug in TWO usb flash drives?…Will the Sony system display the two of them or only one…or play tunes from both randomly?? :shrug:

Claude.

P.S: I'm "old school" and still use the phone's charger plugged into the lighter socket...

Edited by 2FAST4U

A 1 TB drive? For what? Music only? Man, that's A LOT of songs!!!

yes music only, it's nowhere near full, only sitting at 6,500 songs. I use the smaller flash drive for more current music instead of adding to the TB drive and it having to index itself. I do add to it once in a while but I try and wait for the flash drive to get some gigs on it first. BUT! since I switched to apple, and now have apple music, I don't even mess with the USB drives in my Edge or the wifes Audi which uses car play

• Like 1