Will the dealership do "The Works" oil change service with my oil?

I serviced my Sport at 5K miles, changing the PTU oil using Royal Purple, and the engine oil and filter using Mobil-1 and OEM filter.

I would like to take it to my dealership at around 10K miles or when the intelligent service indicator says its due, but would like to stick with the oil I'm using, Mobil-1 but before I asked them I'd like to hear from members if this is generally accepted by Ford dealerships.

Of course I keep all my receipts for the services I do - by law this should uphold my warranty, but would like to hear if others doing this have had any issues with warranty claims being rejected on DIY services.

post-44162-0-69647700-1497140641_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1004ron

The standard is a Motorcraft synthetic blend. However they will do any oil you request. If they don't stock it, you can always purchase it locally and have them do the service. I've had them do Mobile One (don't anymore, blend is fine with me), but I've found, at least my local dealet, will do whatever I ask them to do. If I furnish the oil, it's just their labor rate. I prefer the "Works" as I get the tire rotation and a general look over. As I have an older MKX, prefer to find problems in their early stages.

I have owned a number of Fords over the years. Latest is 2016 Edge Sport, 2014 Edge SEL, previously several F150s, Taurus, Focus. I always bring my own Mobil One oil and usually purchase a Motorcraft filter at the dealer. Never had a problem at multiple dealers in several different states. Confirmed with Ford Customer Corporate Service that warranty remains intact.

• Like 1