Blendmount For Edge Radar Detector Installation

I was going to install a valentine 1 radar detector in my 2017 Ford Edge Sport using the suction cup mount, but I just learned that California law prevents mounting anything to a vehicle windshield. I am looking for alternatives and I was wondering if anyone here has done an installation with a Blendmount. Does it interfere with the adjustment of the rear view mirror or block too much of your forward vision?

https://store.blendmount.com/mirror-id-for-013-c6481.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Mounting it near the sun visor will put it behind the coating at the top of the windshield. This will attenuate part of the signal and dramatically shorten tbe reception range.

I respectfully disagree, unless you have metallic tint or a metallized windshield, of which the Edge has neither. As such, signal attentuation and the impact on range is negligible with a high mount versus a mid or low mount.

The OP has a 2017 Edge. When mounted to the visor the detector would be below the tint, just like mine.

IMG_6794.jpg

Edited by always on edge

I respectfully disagree, unless you have metallic tint or a metallized windshield, of which the Edge has neither. As such, signal attentuation and the impact on range is negligible with a high mount versus a mid or low mount.

The OP has a 2017 Edge. When mounted to the visor the detector would be below the tint, just like mine.

IMG_6794.jpg

I have a valentine radar detector mounted the same way, but on the passengers visor.

• Like 1

Sunglasses are not sufficient when the sun is directly in your field of vision. Also, my wife would not be pleased if she lost the use of her sun visor.

To each his (or her) own. It was a suggestion based on my experience, preference and honestly, cost. It was literally $4 compared to the Blendmount that's $130.

My mistake. On my 09 MKX there are a series of dots that effectively block the laser function of the Max 2.

Personally I wouldn't want to lose the ability of using the sunvisors.

• Like 1