Slow acceleration at dispersal EDGE 2008

EDST777

Hi, firends. A year ago I replaced TSS and OSS sensors (what you would know) on the EDGE 2008 (144 000 km), everything wasn't bad. There passed year. Can be to me it seemed, but three days in a row at me of a thought that at dispersal around the city on the car weak acceleration, dynamics which was before worsened. At the same time turns of a tachometer respond normally when pressing an accelerator pedal. There are no mistakes on the display. The computer through ODB didn't connect yet, I will make it tomorrow. I changed oil in an automatic box a year ago, oil pure. The last three months I go around the city with the disconnected O/D, т.к I have available frequent dispersals and stops, I made it to keep an automatic box. Your thoughts whether is my fears (which need to be checked still) on bad dynamics of acceleration, I replaced with some common problem (disease) similar to the bad TSS/OSS sensor which I will repeat a year ago. Maybe specify similar subjects at a forum because I couldn't find search similar at a forum, probably I don't know key phrases of this problem on English. Thanks for any thoughts.

P.s.: What you would understand... reduction of my dynamics of acceleration (as now it seems to me), it dropped percent by 20-30 percent and if to go not dynamically, then it is hardly noticeable. It is well noticeable, in case of more dynamic acceleration. Perhaps I need to check pressure in the tires LOL. Your thoughts friends: the worn-out catalytic agent, the bad mass air flow sensor, candle wires, candle (by the way I replaced candle when my run was 90 000 km)?

Edited by EDST777

So ... the shifting is fine, but acceleration is slow? One of the common things to think of would be a clogged catalytic converter, as you have mentioned. But they rarely go bad on the Edge without throwing a code first.

Possibly a clogged air filter/intake, or lost compression would be more likely. No roughness in the ride? Have you changed the spark plugs/coils/PCV valve? What motor oil are you using? I know we discussed it some time back, but I do not recall the specifics. Oil that is too heavy will also cause this type of issue.

Try changing the MAF sensor, if cleaning it does not help. I had to change it on mine to get responsiveness back (not the same issue as yours tho), may help you.

• Like 1

Thanks. I the same think to replace the air filter especially as a week ago we had a season of flight of poplar down. It can be connected. I changed the filter a year ago (after that I passed 9000 km). I studied a judgement that to change the air filter often badly because it catches dust worse. Well catches dust for 20-30 percent the polluted air filter. Your judgement?
Changeover of spark plugs of 90 000 km (four years ago).
Changeover of engine oil in April, 2017 (on it I passed 2000 km). It is PertoCanada 5w-20 Supreme Synthetyc, but now we have a hot weather of 26-30 degrees Celsius. Perhaps it influences oil.
Thanks, after changeover of the air filter if there are no improvings, I will be engaged in the sensor MAF.

P.s.: Driving is pure. When driving there are no breakthroughs.

Edited by EDST777

Easy enough to check/change air filter. Spark plugs should be fine, you have only 54K km on them (Motorcraft SP411 plugs?). The oil is fine even at those temps in summer. You can use the smell test on oil, when you compare fresh oil to the oil in your engine, you can tell when things are going downhill. This adds to the visual assessment of the oil.

You had cleaned/checked the throttle body/sensor last year, right? there is also an acceleration control sensor behind the brake pedal. We can investigate this route if the air filter/MAF route does not help.

• Like 1

Yes it is Motorcraft SP411. But former candle in case of changeover were in good shape, I remember it. As for oil, it quickly darkened, approximately through 1500 km, but I know a judgement that it is an index of effective cleaning of the engine (oil works and performs the functions). Visually without impurity. I will compare a smell, I didn't do it earlier.
Everything is correct, I cleaned a butterfly valve last year, in September.
Thanks for the idea to check the acceleration sensor behind a brake pedal, I didn't know about it. I will inform you, but in the beginning I will double-check the mass air flow sensor.

• Like 1

It seems to me, I dealt with a problem. Everything was normalized after changeover of the air filter, it was quite well hammered with poplar down which I already mentioned earlier. a week ago we finished a season of flight of poplar down. Yesterday I replaced the air filter and today of driving gives me confidence to think that everything was normalized. I still will watch several days and if everything is also well I will tell you. But I am very grateful for the given help, it is invaluable information. If everything is also good, I will make survey for prevention of the mass air flow sensor and the sensor of an acceleration under a brake pedal to estimate their condition. I will attach the image of the hammered air filter.

post-16857-0-86294600-1498061369_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-32872100-1498061382_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-10924000-1498061403_thumb.jpg

post-16857-0-76339500-1498061412_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777
  • Like 1