2011 Edge: Replace manual driver's seat with power seat

Just bought my daughter's 2011 Edge, and my wife is already complaining that the manual seat isn't to her liking. Is it possible to replace the manual seat with a power driver's seat? Is the car already wired for a power seat, or would I need a new interior wire harness as well as a new seat?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think the car has wiring for the seat already there. You can get a seat from a JY. The bolt holes should be the same. There is more than just the mechanism wiring involved. The seat has an airbag.

If you get an exact replacement seat form the JY you may just have to run a power wire to power the motors and plug in any airbag, seat belt related wiring.

If you get just the mechanism you will have to swap out much more. there may be compatibility problems. The seat frames and the track assembly may not work together. I have done the same thing on the passenger side of a 2002 Grand Cherokee and everything worked out well. When you buy your seat from the JY remember to have them cut the seat harnesses so you have the proper connectors for the seat motors. ;)

• Like 1