Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

G2 Edge Sport- Strut Tower Chassis Bar Brace Ladder Set

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 190 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

There are so many other variables that must be considered that could make your time from point a to point b vary on different days.  

If you told me you bought some sticky summer tires and saw a 4 minute improvement, i'd buy that.  Strut bar, no.  Like I said, placebo effect.  It sure does look pretty but it's not doing anything.

I agree different days can produce different times but....

I hope you are not calling me a liar. I made dozens of runs up that hill before and after. Not a one time thing . If it did not help I would say so. The time improvement was not 4 min it was 4 seconds and I have duplicated that time over and over. I have a Edge Sport with the panoramic roof and I can't say if it would help one with a solid roof. Do you have one on your car? Have you driven a Edge Sport with and without one? Or any car with and without one? Are you just a bench racer with an opinion, or do you have facts and experience with a STB on a Edge Sport as I do? I can back my words up with experience and timed runs . Can you? 

Edited by Xtra, 14 November 2017 - 04:38 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#82 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm just saying that the Edge's chassis design doesn't lend itself to benefit as much as others to a strut bar nor would it improve handling so much to drop a full 4 seconds on a canyon road.

What you say is your opinion ,. and you are wrong.

#83 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

I agree different days can produce different times but....

I hope you are not calling me a liar. I made dozens of runs up that hill before and after. Not a one time thing . If it did not help I would say so. The time improvement was not 4 min it was 4 seconds and I have duplicated that time over and over. I have a Edge Sport with the panoramic roof and I can't say if it would help one with a solid roof. Do you have one on your car? Have you driven a Edge Sport with and without one? Or any car with and without one? Are you just a bench racer with an opinion, or do you have facts and experience with a STB on a Edge Sport as I do? I can back my words up with experience and timed runs . Can you? 

meant to say seconds

Glad you missed those bikers.    :)

#84 OFFLINE   commbubba19

commbubba19

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

What you say is your opinion ,. and you are wrong.

it's human nature.  you put effort in trying to the first to test a part and you want it to succeed and show benefit to other owners.  totally understandable.  

however, i'm an engineer and i'm telling you, that in this very specific situation, you are incorrect.  

also however, if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.  If others buy the part based on your words, and they're happy with it, that's also fine.  your money, your car.   :shift:

#85 OFFLINE   Xtra

Xtra

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

it's human nature.  you put effort in trying to the first to test a part and you want it to succeed and show benefit to other owners.  totally understandable.  

however, i'm an engineer and i'm telling you, that in this very specific situation, you are incorrect.  

And you are full of it,  just your opinion  Dozens of runs before the brace and no matter how hard I tried I could not go faster. Installed the brace and the first run it dropped 4 seconds, that is to say 4 seconds faster than my best run ever.  Fact! . BTW I just sold my shop last year, it still has my name on the door. We made everything from Nuke Submarine parts to custom heads for Keith Black. Helped build an electric land speed streamliner there as well . Worked with Ak Miller on projects, and built rocket launchers for the Government  It was an Engineering firm, welding and machine shop.  I do not lie because the truth of it is, the STB cut my times by a full 4 seconds no matter what you say. Fact is all you have is an opinion and you are wrong on this point.  

Edited by Xtra, 14 November 2017 - 06:44 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#86 OFFLINE   snmjim

snmjim

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 96 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

:happy feet:  :sing_rain:   :lurk:  :reading:  :swear:  :rant2:  :stirpot:  :hammer_self:  :soapbox:  :banghead:

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and Xtra like this

#87 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,141 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

Let’s knock off the personal attacks. You both made your points - move on.
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users