G2 Edge Sport- Strut Tower Chassis Bar Brace Ladder Set

On 6/23/2017 at 2:52 PM, Xtra said:

Just arrived and time for another un-boxing. The parts came fast enough but the packaging was not that great. All the parts arrived in good condition , but the hardware bag of nuts and bolts was open and some had spilled out. I will not know if some are missing until the install. There were no instructions :reading: and only a generic video in Chinese on line that was no help. Galpin Auto Sports will do the install http://galpinautosports.com .

I have instructed them to only use the parts that bolt on . If holes have to be drilled then I won't install that part. Can't say much about the fit yet , but the finish is great. The paint is small metal flake blue and the strut brace is polished to a show finish. The Edge is very stiff platform to begin with. Mine has the Panoramic Vista Roof, so with a big hole cut in it adding stiffeners can only help out. I would not think it necessary for a car without the Vista Roof.

post-46130-0-65231700-1498248625_thumb.jpg This is the kit as advertised.

post-46130-0-77063400-1498248876_thumb.jpg This is how it arrived.

This is what was inside the package I did not get a good photo of the nuts and bolts package so you wont see that.

post-46130-0-51395600-1498248989_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-79343200-1498249148_thumb.jpg

post-46130-0-98382200-1498249426_thumb.jpg post-46130-0-72685400-1498250168_thumb.jpg

This is the main thing I am interested in, the Strut Tower Brace. It should provide the greatest bang for the buck. It has a mirror polish, nice engraving in the middle, the ends are stamped TTCR-II and the welds look top notch. Lets hope it fits and works as good as it looks.

post-46130-0-46210500-1498249578_thumb.jpg

post-46130-0-09483000-1498254617_thumb.jpg Note the date was not set on my camera...it is not 10-2008 :camera:

post-46130-0-17005900-1498255653_thumb.jpg

Hey xtra, did you see how they installed this on your car? Did they have to take out the windshield screen and/or anything else? I just got one of these and was going to try myself.

1 hour ago, Cree said:

Hey xtra, did you see how they installed this on your car? Did they have to take out the windshield screen and/or anything else? I just got one of these and was going to try myself.

When I installed my strut tower bar on my 2013, I had to remove the windshield wipers and the cowl grille.  You definitely want to torque the arms to spec:  Torque: 18 lb.ft (25 Nm) 

Over tightening can crack your windshield.

Edited by onyxbfly

The hard part is getting to the rear bolt as the space is very tight . onyxbfly has a 2013 G1 Edge and the install is different for him . If you don't have the tools or do not want to do it yourself then go ahead and let a pro do it. This is much more difficult than installing the catch can and you should use a torque wrench.   Some of the X braces are not the same as mine and may have polishing flaws or may not be stamped or etched like mine. I found that the Addco rear sway bar works great with the strut tower X brace and the H&R springs. 

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xtra said:

The hard part is getting to the rear bolt as the space is very tight . onyxbfly has a 2013 G1 Edge and the install is different for him . If you don't have the tools or do not want to do it yourself then go ahead and let a pro do it. This is much more difficult than installing the catch can and you should use a torque wrench.   Some of the X braces are not the same as mine and may have polishing flaws or may not be stamped or etched like mine. I found that the Addco rear sway bar works great with the strut tower X brace and the H&R springs. 

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

Xtra is right. I installed it on my 2013.  I did not install it on my 2017 Sport. The torque spec I previously quoted was for the wiper arms on the 2015-2018 edge.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1