Rebuild Cost of Engine

Decojuicer

I checked, and yes, the PATS security light IS blinking continuously without the key in the ignition. I also took a picture of which lights stayed on when I turned the key to the on position. The check engine light is blinking. I assume that's because I drained all the fluids.

Going to have to have a scanner to get this working maybe even Ford involvement for programing

• Like 2

I already tried wishing really hard, and that didn't work. Fortunately, I have roadside service through my insurance, so I guess that I'll just have it towed in.

I'm going to give it one more try to fix the power steering leak myself. If I can't get it tomorrow, I may just see home much extra the dealership will charge me to tighten those connections up.

• Like 1

It turns out that it wasn't the PATS. It was a loose nut on the starter solenoid. And the power steering pump is leaking from a bolt that the Ford mechanic said that I wasn't supposed to take off. Apparently I broke a seal. It's for the return, so it's not under high pressure. I'll pull it off tonight and put some Permatex on it and see if that solves the problem. If not, I'll replace the pump on Saturday. It did start though, and sounds great.

• Like 2

Pretty sweet she fired up for ya!!!! You deserve a big "Datta-Boy cuz not many would give it a go these days. I built and installed two motors many moons ago and still feel the satisfaction to this day. Put a built 460 Police Interceptor in a black 1977 T-Bird. Bout 5 miles per gallon but pretty quick for a huge hunk of metal.

• Like 1

It felt great driving it home from the dealership. However, the battery light came on about halfway through the 7 mile trip. It's a brand new battery, and I replaced the alternator about 3 days before the car went down. A quick Google search suggests that the problem may be that the alternator has a module in it that wasn't replaced when it was remanufactured. Which means that I may have to replace the alternator...again.

• Like 1