Error Code B211B

monsterx7

Ran the OBD scanner and it gave me a B211B error (Older bluetooth version used with the TORQUE app). I have some other errors as well (looks like Yaw Rate Sensor may be bad). I also just changed the steering wheel position sensor. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I have searched this site as well as the with no luck.

Ford Edge

AWD

SEL-Plus

Edited by monsterx7

Looks like a satellite radio related error, from a Google search. Possibly from water damage? I would check the PCM harnesses and the passenger compartment fuses in particular to see if they are clean & dry.

Stability Control Sensor Cluster

The stability control sensor cluster consists of the yaw rate sensor, roll-rate sensor, lateral accelerometer and longitudinal accelerometer. The lateral accelerometer measures the acceleration which corresponds to the force involved when the vehicle slides sideways. This acceleration has 2 forms. The first is the centrifugal acceleration which is generated when the vehicle travels around in a circle. The second is the acceleration due to gravity. On level ground there is no contribution from this acceleration. However, if the vehicle is parked sideways on a bank or incline, the sensor measures some lateral acceleration due to gravity even though the vehicle is not moving.

The longitudinal accelerometer measures the acceleration corresponding to the force involved when the vehicle moves forward and rearward in the horizontal plane, along the centerline of the front and rear wheels.

The yaw rate sensor measures the relative vehicle motion about the vertical axis through its center of gravity.

The roll-rate sensor measures the rate of rotation along the front to rear horizontal axis.

Might be located under the rear seat, passenger side, from the looks of the diagram on a 2009.

• 2 months later...

Just an update in case someone has the same issue:

I replaced the Stability Control Cluster (YAW rate sensor) and Steering Wheel Position Sensor; symptoms did not change. I then dug into the wiring diagrams to see what was involved (not a whole lot). ABS Module, Stability Control Sensor, Steering Wheel Angle Sensor, and the PCM. After looking at the diagrams I decided to start checking connectors and inspecting wires.

(Result) I found that the ground wire for the Stability Control Cluster (YAW Rate Sensor) was loose and causing the signal going to the ABS Module to be intermittent.

The ground is located under the paneling towards the top of the Right Tail light.

Wires for the YAW Sensor are:

Black/Green - Ground
Yellow/Grey - Power (12v)
Green/Orange - HS CAN2+ (data)
Blue/White - HS CAN2- (data)

• Like 3