New 2011 Sport owner from NC

TheFloppyWeasel

What's up guys. Just recently picked up a 2011 Sport, so I figured I'd check out what this forum offers. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but haven't had it for 24hrs yet. I was hoping to buy another cobra, but all of my soccer stuff, softball stuff and an 80lb golden retriever fit better in an SUV haha

Since I've only had it for 18 hours, I don't have any pictures other than the dealer pictures. I'll try to load one later I'm still trying to figure out what all this edge has. It's a lot smarter than both of my mustangs lol

Any recommendations on typical things edge owners do to their vehicles? Right now I plan on plasti-diping the chrome trim over the grille and getting a different ford emblem up front. I also want to replace a lot of bulbs with leds, and convert HIDs.

Congrats on your "new" 11. You are going to love it.

I would recommend Weathertech floor mats as a first option.

Also need to set up an account on ford owner and check to see if your Sync is up to date. This site will explain how to do this: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync/software-updates/how-to-install-ford-sync-updates-in-your-vehicle.html

If you have navigation, you may wish to consider upgrading the map software. Cost is $150. The site can be found here: http://ford.navigation.com/home/en_US/FordNA/USD?utm_medium=oemreferral&ProgramUUID=YIgKCghBOhcAAAFHefQZ9oZe&utm_campaign=Navteq-Partnership&utm_source=Ford-Owners

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

^+1 on that. First thing to do is get all systems (Sync/Nav) up to date and then change out ALL fluids and lubricants. Even though it may have been bought CPO I always change out oil with M-1 and a M-1 filter. Coolant drain/fill, transaxle drain/fill, PTU(if applicable) suck/fill, brake fluid suck/fill, and PS fluid suck/fill. You don't have to do brake or PS fluids complete drain unless they look particularly nasty. I just like to get a benchmark of where I am on all fluids. I use a spreadsheet to track everything and getting everything set from day 1 helps me to keep track. You can check the AC if you think its not cooling acceptably. Mods and upgrades come next, then the 'stuff I just gotta' have' next. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome guys.

WWWPerfA_ZN0W's - at least I still have 1 mustang. I do miss my cobra though .

Chefduane - I'm actually a weird hybrid fan. I'm more of a duke fan, but grew up a duke and state fan (granddad played state basketball) and went to school at ECU.

I've already planned to go through the normal fluid changes for peace of mind. I don't know what type of mods I want to do to this outside of the few little exterior things since it is my daily and an SUV. I don't know how well these engines respond to mods or if it's worth doing performance stuff.

Enigma - mine actually doesn't have nav, which I'm bummed about. I assume I could get factory nav for it and put on right? I want nav one way or the other.

I will check out that sync link you sent for sure though.

• Like 1

Enigma - mine actually doesn't have nav, which I'm bummed about. I assume I could get factory nav for it and put on right? I want nav one way or the other.

I will check out that sync link you sent for sure though.

Navigation upgrade runs around $800. Here's a site that can help point you in the right direction. https://www.4dtech.com/11-14-ford-edge-navigation-kit-for-myford-touch-systems/

Two more things, one abut fluids, change the coolant first. (Most important with the 3.5/3.7L engines).

If you have AWD have the PTU lubricant drained and replaced as soon as possible. 36k is a good interval (maintenance manual states it doesn't need to be changed, but it's 36k for severe service). Also look for early stages of seal failure after 50k (have service dept check at each oil change). Change seal as soon as a leak detected.

If you have around 90k, change the plugs. (Very important). And while you have the manifolds off, change the PVC valve as well.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1