BlueDriver Wifi OBDII Scan Tool (iOS 7.0+)

I received the BlueDriver wifi scan tool today. My initial impression is that it has loads of potential and seems like a cool, useful piece of equipment, yet I'm not sure if it's worth $100.

This device is truly plug and play. First, download the app (iOS compatible). Once in the app, under vehicle info, enter your VIN and your vehicle data will be displayed. Next, insert the BlueDriver OBDII unit into the OBDII port under your dash. In settings on your iPhone, establish a bluetooth connection with the device and you're ready to rock. From here you can do everything from setting up your live display to reviewing recalls and service bulletins and logged reports for your vehicle.

It has many features you'd expect from a scan tool - chiefly, the ability to read and clear codes. It also data logs up to 5 PIDs if they're supported by your car. The pictures below are the PIDs supported on the Edge (the first pic is of the 4 PIDs I am currently logging). There are 100+ PIDs available on the app ranging from engine RPM and vehicle speed to fuel pressure and engine oil temperature, if your car supports them. You can even log turbo temps, turbo RPM, and turbo compressor inlet temps. Much to my chagrin, the Edge does not support any of turbo logging features. Bummer.

My active logging PIDs are engine load value, coolant temp, intake manifold absolute pressure and intake air temp. The live menu is configurable/customizable both in size, format (gauge, graph, or digital display for each individual PID in both portrait and landscape modes) and in placement/arrangement of the gauges.

IMG_6798.pngIMG_6799.pngIMG_6800.png

IMG_6801.pngIMG_6802.pngIMG_6803.png

I have barely begun to play with my new toy but it seems it will definitely be beneficial for identifying CELs while also offering potential causes of and remedies for them.

www.lemurmonitors.com

• Like 1

Nice :thumbsup: Gauge response time should be pretty good with only 5 allowed. Does it allow you to record the data, i.e. datalog? Transmission temperature available? Also is there an IAT2 gauge, which will tell you the temperature of the air entering the intake manifold?

Thanks!

It datalogs all 5 PIDs and saves them to the app. No transmission temp or IAT2 available for the Edge. :(

• Like 1