Lubricheck tester

I bought a lubtricheck oil tester mainly to check my oil for signs of coolant.

Used it for the first time tonight, checked the wife's car. Got a blinking red light indicating that the oil was dirty and needs changing. (No surprise there, been 9 months).

Checked mine, has <5k on the oil, but it also read that it needs changing (but no coolant in the oil - yea).

Checked it using brand new synthetic and it read 1-green indicating new oil.

Plan on checking Simplicity Lawn Tractor this weekend and the standby emergency generator.

This little meter lives up to its hype. You start by ensuring that the test grid is completely clean. I wiped it clean with a paper towel and then wiped it with an alcohol wipe.

Set it to either gas or diesel, turn it on and it calibrates itself.

You then put approx 5 drops of engine oil from the dipstick, on the test grid.

Press the test button and in a few seconds you get a reading of the condition of the oil and whether there are other contaminants (like coolant) in the oil.

Takes all the guesswork out of when to change the oil.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HBAG9AC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hCUxzbFF5EP1X

Looks like it's not on Amazon any more, here's the maufacturers website. http://www.lubricheck.com/

Addl note, went back and checked again today (got reading the instructions after test (((yes I know))) and got an 8-fair. Apparently I checked it while the oil was still warm. The instructions 《clearly》 state that the oil is to be at the same temperature as the tester. Still it's time to change.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Checked the lawn tractor today, drained a little out into an empty dry meat jar and let it cool on the patio while I drank a Bud Light.

Set up for a test and had another Bud ileght.

Pourd a lettle oil on the tester and ran the test. #1 green. Like new okl!! 2nd year on this oil and still like new!

Celibacy not changing oil be resting on patio abd enjoye another beer. Ah, love texhology.

Empty dry meat jar???

Yeaaa, that may not have been the best way to describes it. It's dried meat, rolled up in very thin slices. Real salty. Don't know what others use it for, but the cat likes it. Needed something to put the oil in so I pulled out the meat and used the jar. Edited by enigma-2

hmmm.... naturally dried rolled meat dipped in organically aged and percolated essence of dinosaur detritus.

I might have to consider putting that on the menu. Maybe just a pinch of paprika or cayenne to punch it up a bit. Cactus flower buds for presentation accent!

NEW CULINARY TREND!! Sample platter $27.95 or in the original jar $14.95 and you can keep the jar!

(I think we're on to something here!!)

• Like 5

Note it does not work with many synthetic oils due to the additives in the oils. It will provide false results. Stated in the website. Redline, Amsoil, royal purple etc.

Works with most, here's what they saI'd abut certain oils "Some specialty or extended use oils with high levels of additives, or with metals such as zinc or molybdenum, may give falsely negative results. Examples include the Amsoil 'Signature' series, Redline oils, Castrol TWS and specialty, non API rated Royal Purple oils." Not really all that common.
  • Like 1

Works with most, here's what they saI'd abut certain oils "Some specialty or extended use oils with high levels of additives, or with metals such as zinc or molybdenum, may give falsely negative results. Examples include the Amsoil 'Signature' series, Redline oils, Castrol TWS and specialty, non API rated Royal Purple oils." Not really all that common.

I just did a Red LIne oil change in both of my Edge's.

• Like 1