Ford Edge Handles Colorado and New Mexico Like a Boss

tamugrad2013

Well I got back from my trip with my recently worked on Edge and it handled the trip like a boss. There were a few instances of stupid shifting from the new 6F35 transmission, but still mostly smooth and I think it was going through its relearning phase. AC also blew cold as ice when needed and had to use the seat heaters for the first time ever in the middle of Summer (40 Degree Mornings) Some trip stats below.

Over a 10 Day Trip

Total Mileage Traveled: 3148.0 miles

Avg. MPG by Trip Computer: 27.3 MPG

Total Gallons by Trip Computer: 115.07 gals

Total Hours 71 Hours 16 Minutes and 49 Seconds

Calculated Best Tank Gas Mileage

30.7 MPG

Calculated Worst Tank Gas Mileage

25.1 MPG

Only really major issue I had is that the coolant reservoir still lost coolant through out the trip. Left with it at the max cold range and it was very close to empty when I returned. I have had it checked twice and have been told there are no leaks. I may end up buying a new cap and see if that fixes the problem because if it has a crack it will definitely evaporate, but I don't see any cracks.

• Like 2

I would def keep an eye on the coolant level, and coolant/oil condition. Sounds like there is a leak SOMEwhere. Usually the water pump if not the headgasket. Might want to press the issue with the dealer since your warranty is not for much longer.

If they do a pressure test, make sure they pressure test for more than the usual 10-15 seconds. Let the tester stay in place 10-15 minutes. Sometimes it takes a while for the leak to show up.