Issue with 2016 hid headlight

I'm new to the forum. I just bought a new 2016 Ford Edge Sport , the last 2016 on the lot. On the second day of driving it I noticed my headlights were not very on the drivers side. I popped the hood and removed the round gasket behind the headlight and the light was just sitting in there loosely- doesn't look like it was installed right at the factory. I tried to push it back in but couldn't figure it out. I even look at the passenger side light and still couldn't figure out how to set the light in the housing properly. It literally looks like I'm trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I then checked my owners manual and it is recommended HID lights be changed by the dealer. I called the dealer and I'm going to drop the car off after work, they will provide me a loaner and look at it tomorrow. My question is twofold; does anyone know how to get the light back in the housing? Am I really going to have to take the car to the dealer everytime I need a new headlight? I would be grateful for any help.

My edge has been at the dealer since yesterday and I just got a call. They stated the light bulb is still dull even after they switched it. I informed the issue wasn't that the light was dull, the issue is it was not affixed to the housing. If you hold the light in the housing the light works fine, it just won't stay there. His response; after they switched the light, it did not work at all so there maybe something wrong with the ballast???? It is like I'm talking to a wall. At the end of the conversation he said they hope to have it ready by tomorrow......2 days to replace a lightbulb? Really?!?! Again if anybody knows how to get the square hid bulb back in the housing please let me know.

Dealer called me back tonight after dinner and informed my car was ready to be picked up-so they had it a little over 24 hours. This is what invoice states: 51FOZ: body electrical c/s: the drivers side headlight not working caused by left low beam inop, perform pinpoint test a, a1-no, a2- no voltage to Lh headlamp assembly, a4 perform on demand test, clear codes retest still no voltage, a5 no, faulty circuit clf04 brown/blue, Trace circuit.

Work performed-remove battery junction box and found damaged circuit in fender, remove inner fender liner, repaired circuit clf04 brown/blue harness12a581, retest system, ok, reinstall fender liner and battery junction box.

When I asked why they had to do all that work for a light that was working but just needed to be pushed back in the housing, I got crickets. I even showed the "service advisor" what was wrong when when I dropped it off, we both went out and looked at the light and I showed him how it was just not fastened in the assembly, I showed him the light was working fine if you held it in place. I just don't understand why they said they did all this work when that was not the issue.

Anyway I got the car back looked at the headlight and it is secure in the housing, but I still have no clue how to remove the light or put it back in should it "pop" out in the future, so if anybody knows how to do this I'm all ears. Thank you.

• 1 month later...