"Plug-and play performance chip"...

So what about Unleashed and their $400 tune? The box also is a data logger, monitor functions etc. I believe somewhere on this site Livernois and Unleashed were compared and they were very very close. Assuming I don't want to break into the 12's in the 1/4 mile before Leo does, any downside on Unleashed?

Not that I am aware of. As long as you don't expect protracted conversations from Torrie :)

One caveat tho: your vehicle's strategy code must be in the SCT database for it to be tuneable. People run up against that from time to time. A direct conversation with SCT via phone is generally how it gets added the quickest, but the wait can be weeks. I will have to see if Forscan Lite pulls up the strategy code, but usually it takes a tuning device to do so. Ask Torrie about this directly.

EDIT: Forscan Lite DOES pull up the PCM strategy code, so you can have that in-hand before you email Torrie.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 1 month later...

Been using the wifi obdII link for a while now. With iPhone I used the app it comes with and Forscan. I also use Forscan on a mac with VMware Fusion, windows 7 and the at worked fine. In fact I disabled the double honk. So no complaints.

Pulled strategy code, 2017 Edge not supported by SCT. Now considering HP tuner with unleashed tunes. Anybody done that?

Edited by NoDTMF

I'm currently tuning with Unleashed (Torrie) using the SCT X4 and have yet to have a problem with getting any of the required vehicle Info that Torrie is requiring prior to tuning i.e. vehicle strategy, etc.

I'll be uploading the tune this Wknd along with my Son (Special K) who is experienced with using tuners.

Per Torrie, once we upload the tune we will perform 2 loggings, one in "Drive" from a stand still, Wide Open Throttle (WOT) through all gears then another in "Sport" from a stand still, WOT through all gears. We'll forward these logging files to Torrie per email and wait for his refinement of the tune...;-)

BTW stock 2016 Edge Sport, other than I went with Torrie's recommendation for the 170 thermostat and I live in Maryland.

Once we're properly tuned I'll post my Qtr mile times stock and Tuned (ETA 30 days) along with the Tuned Dyno Specs (ETA 30 days)...;-)

Thnx to Xtra... :love_shower::drool::worship:...he posted, in the same forums string, the mathematical facts he did based on my stock Dyno report.

All of this Info and updates will be posted in the "Welcome Forum!" section under "New Edge Sport 2016 Owner"... :)B):victory:

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 2

Using Forscan I got this: (2017 Ford Sport Edge 2.7L)

PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Bus: HSCAN
Part number: H2GA-12A650-ADB
Strategy : H2GA-14C204-ADB

Thanks a lot for helping...I really wanted a tune by Sept 8...and I like the idea of using SCT X4 as a monitoring device.

I also asked members on Facebook to request SCT to do the update using this link:

https://www.sctflash.com/support/vehicle-not-found

• Like 1